Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Question Mark

"Who wants some? You there, drow punk, come get a little. Had enough yet? Who's next."

This is one of my favorite spots in the game. I really like the idea of a gladiator style one on one vanquish or kill your opponent pit fight. If anyone who does modding and needs an idea maybe this would go over well. I just always wish those drow would keep coming or there was another place to pit fight.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:26 AM   #2
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

And maybe you could make it so there are some real awards to fighting. Maybe you start off fighting one, then two, all the way up to five. Maybe different classes. Like a party or something.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

yeah i liked that too...especially the mage fights!
the others were a little too easy
Old 10-24-2003, 05:44 AM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

And make some cheesy spell combinations - like Improved Invisibility, PFMW and SIivination. I hate that. Only thieves with high Detect Illusions and Chain Cont. can dispel that. In the mean time - the mage (or multi, dual whatever) can really do some damage. I want something like that. And with infinite death spells - yeah, no summons, let's fight !
Old 10-24-2003, 05:52 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

it would be quite cool if all your gear got taken off you and you were allowed to pick from a stock of unenchanter weapons shield and helm only (or maybe refresh your spell picks or something if you're a magic user fighting a magic user)
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm i think its 3 pit fights in the game ****SPOILERS**** 1)Druid grow 2)Shaugan city 3)drow city. Is it more fights??
Old 10-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonic:
Hmm i think its 3 pit fights in the game ****SPOILERS**** 1)Druid grow 2)Shaugan city 3)drow city. Is it more fights??
well, if you wanna count the pit fight with Amalas in the Copper Coronet, then that would be one.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonic:
Do you mean Drow city as in Tavern or do you mean in the Illithid Dungeon?
If you only meant Drow city as in Tavern then the Illithid nest can be also in.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:28 PM   #9
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I was talking about one on one though. A heavyweight bout. No tag team or royal rumbles. So the Sahaugin city with the Ettin doesn't count and the Illithid city with the Kuo-Toa is out too. I want your best against my weakest, and I will still prevail! Unless they put up that combo Leslie mentioned. NO FAIR!
Old 10-25-2003, 03:36 AM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

There's a lot of one on one action in the game, or monsters that spawn on commandand get more difficult each time (this is especially heavy in WK)
So let's recollect:
There are pit fights:
1.) At the CC: for your PC AND for Mazzy
2.) At the Druid Grove
3.) At the Sahuagin City
4.) At the Illithid City
5.) At the Ust Natha tavern (two different pits)
+ some in ToB

There's monster's spawning in a "battle-game" on several occasions (e.g. Spellhold maze).