Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-28-2001, 10:06 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
----- huge change of subject ----

StarCraft is better, though. Any game where there's only one character is bound to get old after a while, and the teamwork provided in StarCraft adds another whole layer to the game. And I just LOVED how totally and utterly ALIEN (literally) the races are! I tried to play Age of Empires II after playing StarCraft..... completely anticlimactic, because all the races in AOE are almost exactly the same. My StarCraft brag: I made a COMPLETELY FAIR scenario, with 8 equally defensible bases, equal resources, everything. I can beat this scenario, in a Melee game, with 7 enemies without losing a SINGLE unit or building. Yowza. (This was before I got Broodwar. Now that it's installed, those damn Corsairs play hell with my defenses, and I start losing buildings.

I'll shut up now. Who wants to call me a shameless braggart?

money map?
Old 11-29-2001, 03:25 AM   #12
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

No, a dig-yourself-in and pray-you-can-build-Siege-Tanks-and-Missile-Turrets-fast-enough map. Everybody had an identical base, with plenty of room & resources to build the entire tech tree. Everything else was water, except a long path connecting each base with the central hub (with no money at the center.) I could only beat it as Terran, which is THE best race, IMHO. I didn't even stand a chance as Zerg.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:28 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
No, a dig-yourself-in and pray-you-can-build-Siege-Tanks-and-Missile-Turrets-fast-enough map. Everybody had an identical base, with plenty of room & resources to build the entire tech tree. Everything else was water, except a long path connecting each base with the central hub (with no money at the center.) I could only beat it as Terran, which is THE best race, IMHO. I didn't even stand a chance as Zerg.

plenty of resouce... bah, whatever

try it on classic hunter then
Old 11-29-2001, 02:36 PM   #14
Darkman

quote:
Okay, I'm back!

Now about GPoW: It DOES exist, Wirt's had it several times for me in Single Player, but never a perfect set, of course. In fact, he's never shown me anything better than my PERFECT Godly Plate. (Not that I'm actually complaining about this, lol.)

I wouldn't know if Wirt sells the cool stuff like that in Multiplayer, my trick to 'operate' him doesn't work in Multi. But my Single-Player Rogue has almost ALL the good stuff--even a couple imperfect Obsidian Zodiac, and a few perfect things like a Diamond Wizardry. (I've had the BEST luck with this girl--she found the Royal Circlet on Level 16 in her VERY FIRST GAME!!! Then the Shirotachi & Stormshield in rapid succession.....had to wait for a while to find the Dreamflange, though, and I STILL haven't found Xorine's Ring, even though I've been searching for ages.

Yeah, some of those 'Variants' are pretty cool. I liked the Axe Rogue, myself. Too bad they're all ways to make you character worse, though. I kinda like being overpowered--I don't really focus on getting better, just finding weirder & weirder ways to pull tricks off. (I still love being able to kill Diablo without ever entering his sight range--I'll post the screenshot soon.)

LOL. Why didn't you say you were playing Hellfire? There's loads of stuff you can find in Hellfire that are not possible in regular D1, including your GPoW.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "operating" Wirt?

As for the variants, they are designed to make the game more interesting and challenging. Diablo is not an overly difficult game, and with some good tactics even the most extreme of variants can thrive. That's why I like D1 so much, because good strategy can help you more than good items [img]smile.gif[/img]