Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-31-2004, 03:32 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Mad

Who missed me this week? I meant to post something, but I forgot. I was in Fort Smith, Arkansas with my church on a Mission Trip. I didn't want to leave. We went to help in a program called "Street Reach". A few churches go down there and help with it, What we do is, the churches split up into three different groups. And we go to apartment complexes in the city. When we get there we honk, go from door to door, and just have a good time with the kids who come. We play with them for a LONG time first, sing some church songs like "Jesus Loves Me" "Romans 16:19 says" and a lot other who's name I have no clue about. We split the older kids and the younger kids. One group goes to crafts and the other to bible story. Afterwards we give them their lunches and we say bye and they go home until the next day. They do this for six weeks in the summer, different churches for each week. It's a great program. It's all for the kids. I learned a lot down there. I don't see God in the face of children, I see Him in their hearts. I don't know if *I* taught them anything, but I learned a lot from them, and I'll miss them all. On the last night they did a slide show of everything they had done that week. As we all watched it, the tears flowed. It was an emotional night for all. I met so many people down there who I'm going to miss a lot. It was a really great week. My friend Blake really fell in love with these kids. The sweetest thing happened down there. A little girl from the place we went to named Mia was sitting alone, a sad look on her face. I went up to her and asked her what was wrong. The first words I heard were "I want Blake..." Blake really has a way with the kids, they love him and he loves them. It's just too bad we had to leave. I'm sorry all this seems a bit jumbled together, but I've got a lot on my mind right now, I miss the people I met down there, including a very special girl.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-31-2004, 03:40 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Glad you had a good time you penguined crusader!

My son also goes on Mission trips with his church. The last time they built a huge playground centerpiece(some type of castle or fort) at a park in an under priviledged area in Illinois. Last summer they helped paint the houses of low income elderly people in Wilmington, NC.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I'll admit that I miss some guys sometimes [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 07-31-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

not me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

wb

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-31-2004, 11:46 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Welcome Back Someguy! [img]smile.gif[/img] Even though you were only gone for a week LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I didn't miss you, I had enough of you at the voicechat yesterday

Welcome back [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 03:05 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome back SomeGuy! It`s nice to read you again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Of course I missed you SweetGuy! Welcome back and congrats on such a good mission trip!
Old 08-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

hey you were in arkansas????? you were only a few hours from me then [img]tongue.gif[/img] glad to know you had a great time, and that you were able to help the children there. [img]smile.gif[/img]