Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-31-2001, 05:17 PM   #41
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Much to my wife's chagrin, she did a dance on some other stalky flowering thing that was just starting to bloom. The "baby" was not in favor with the queen for a couple of days after that.

So did the wife seriously consider making a stole for herself?

Yeah....Hostas are one thing but blooming green things (that's the technical term) are quite another.

Old 05-31-2001, 05:21 PM   #42
Gaelic
Elminster

Hehe! I don't think she'd skin that dog if she (the dog) trampled ME to death. But the extra treats were not exactly forthcoming for a couple of days.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-31-2001, 05:23 PM   #43
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Actually, this new house should be somewhat of a challenge. Our old house had a yard approximately 25 square feet in front and about the same in back. We didn't even bother buying a gas-powered lawn mower -- we had one of those mechanical, non-electric, non-motorized, push mowers -- you know the kind in the 1950's whith the big reel on it? Our new yard is close to an acre. I bet it takes me over an hour to mow. Sigh.
Can you say...."JOHN DEERE RIDING LAWNMOWER WITH A 45 INCH DECK?"

This is the perfect excuse for a lawn tractor (the bigger the better). Don't lament the large yard! This is pure unadulterated opportunity knocking on your door my friend. Carpe Diem!

P.S. hold out for the PTO (power train output - I think, anyway it allows for the big attachments).

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 05:26 PM   #44
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Hehe! I don't think she'd skin that dog if she (the dog) trampled ME to death. But the extra treats were not exactly forthcoming for a couple of days.

Boy, talking about the life of Riley. If only husbands had that sort of immunity.

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 05:57 PM   #45
Gaelic
Elminster

Tooo true! I dream of gaining that protected status.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-31-2001, 06:02 PM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Lucky for us we have no dogs. Hosta covered lawn anyone?

BTW: it's raining here and should continue for the next couple of days -- no lawn mowing. Yeah!

Actually, this new house should be somewhat of a challenge. Our old house had a yard approximately 25 square feet in front and about the same in back. We didn't even bother buying a gas-powered lawn mower -- we had one of those mechanical, non-electric, non-motorized, push mowers -- you know the kind in the 1950's whith the big reel on it? Our new yard is close to an acre. I bet it takes me over an hour to mow. Sigh.
Unless you are one REALLY fast mower...it's going to take more than that! I have an elecric mower and it takes me longer to do my 3/4 acre lot.

A suggestion: plant lots of shrubs and perennials- get rid of as much lawn as possible! I hate lawn maintenance! And the shrubs and flowers are so much prettier!

Cloudy, who is doing just that

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 07:00 PM   #47
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Unless you are one REALLY fast mower...it's going to take more than that! I have an elecric mower and it takes me longer to do my 3/4 acre lot.

A suggestion: plant lots of shrubs and perennials- get rid of as much lawn as possible! I hate lawn maintenance! And the shrubs and flowers are so much prettier!

Cloudy, who is doing just that

NO, NO, NO, disregard the above advice. Keep the lawn and use it as an excuse to purchase a massive lawn tractor. You could even ignore my earlier advice on getting a 45 inch deck and go with the 60 inch deck. Yeah...that'll cut (no pun intended) your mowing time down substanially. If you take my other earlier advice and get a PTO on your lawn tractor you can get the pull behind mowing attachment and that will be a heck of a lot wider than a 60 inch deck.

Old 05-31-2001, 08:26 PM   #48
Gaelic
Elminster

Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho!

(Picture Tim "the Toolman" Taylor revving up a V8 garden tractor)

------------------
Gaelic