Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 09:41 PM   #31
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Big O! Really sorry that there is apparently no baby yet.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-30-2001, 09:44 PM   #32
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Actually, I do mow in different directions and diagonally as well. But I’m sure my technique is all wrong. I doubt I turn my mower at the end of each row with all the grace and poise a true Minnesotan would expect.

I’m with you, my friend. It would seem that there are better things to do with one time that to obsess over lawn (at least to this extent).

Well, damn, you got me beat them. The only time I mow in a different direction is when I have to go around something. Oh well, sucks to be my neighbors if I don't like it.

And, yeah, MUCH better things to do than yardwork. Like posting here!!!!

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities
Old 05-31-2001, 01:54 PM   #33
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

A bit farther south in Illinois, I mow only once a week. We just moved into a new neighborhood, so I don't quite know the grass ettiquette of our street. It appears that lawns are mowed twice a week -- since I've heard the incessant drone of mowers the last few nights.

I however, will stand in defiance and mow only once a week. I'm with you onthepequod!

Actually, my wife's dream is to turn our yard into a hosta garden -- lots of big leafy plants that cover everything and make mowing impossible. I can't say I totally disagree with her .

BTW I too learned the fertilizer dangers from experience. LOL.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:54 PM   #34
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:

I however, will stand in defiance and mow only once a week. I'm with you onthepequod!

Actually, my wife's dream is to turn our yard into a hosta garden -- lots of big leafy plants that cover everything and make mowing impossible. I can't say I totally disagree with her .

BTW I too learned the fertilizer dangers from experience. LOL.

Father Bronze, it's good to here that you are taking a stand for the "greater good." Stand tough in the face of adversity, keeping in mind that down the road this will ultimately benefit mankind!

Hostas!?! Now that would be a good choice since it's next to impossible to kill those things. However, if your yard gets a lot of sun it may turn into a jungle. The Hostas on the South side of our house are monsters by the end of the summer.

Old 05-31-2001, 02:58 PM   #35
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Big O! Really sorry that there is apparently no baby yet.

We actually had a false alarm yesterday.

What really stinks is that the nurses from a number of hospitals in our area go on strike tomorrow (including the nurses at our hospital).

Old 05-31-2001, 03:46 PM   #36
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:

Hostas!?! Now that would be a good choice since it's next to impossible to kill those things. However, if your yard gets a lot of sun it may turn into a jungle. The Hostas on the South side of our house are monsters by the end of the summer.

My rottweiler dances on the hostas in our garden while trying to bark squirrels off the top of the fence. THAT will kill a hosta, trust me.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-31-2001, 04:01 PM   #37
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
My rottweiler dances on the hostas in our garden while trying to bark squirrels off the top of the fence. THAT will kill a hosta, trust me.

Ok you got me.

Yeah, I failed to mention that dogs can have an adverse impact on Hostas. My German Shepard consistantly sleeps on the same Hosta which tends to have a detrimental effect on that plant.

Old 05-31-2001, 04:19 PM   #38
Gaelic
Elminster

Much to my wife's chagrin, she did a dance on some other stalky flowering thing that was just starting to bloom. The "baby" was not in favor with the queen for a couple of days after that.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-31-2001, 04:20 PM   #39
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Lucky for us we have no dogs. Hosta covered lawn anyone?

BTW: it's raining here and should continue for the next couple of days -- no lawn mowing. Yeah!

Actually, this new house should be somewhat of a challenge. Our old house had a yard approximately 25 square feet in front and about the same in back. We didn't even bother buying a gas-powered lawn mower -- we had one of those mechanical, non-electric, non-motorized, push mowers -- you know the kind in the 1950's whith the big reel on it? Our new yard is close to an acre. I bet it takes me over an hour to mow. Sigh.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:23 PM   #40
Gaelic
Elminster

My lawn will need it this weekend, but it will be raining. That means it will just be harder next week.

*sigh*

------------------
Gaelic