Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-04-2004, 09:30 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I just now got this error when trying to log into Paypal.

Due to heavy traffic on our site, we were unable to complete your request. We are working to increase capacity in a number of ways so that you won't see this message again. In the meantime, please try clicking the 'Refresh' button on your browser to reload the page. If you are still unable to access the site, please try again in a few minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

Error 3004

Would it not be cool to be true that the reason was that 11,000 IW members were logging into Paypal at once trying to send money and that is why they are flooded?

What a cool dream.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM   #32
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I just now got this error when trying to log into Paypal.

Due to heavy traffic on our site, we were unable to complete your request. We are working to increase capacity in a number of ways so that you won't see this message again. In the meantime, please try clicking the 'Refresh' button on your browser to reload the page. If you are still unable to access the site, please try again in a few minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

Error 3004

Would it not be cool to be true that the reason was that 11,000 IW members were logging into Paypal at once trying to send money and that is why they are flooded?

What a cool dream.
LOL, It would set up for YEARS man! [img]smile.gif[/img] YEARS!!! I had the same error, it's back to normal now.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-05-2004, 12:28 AM   #33
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

For quit a while those hammers spun and game play has been better for it. Had it not been for The Ironworks, I wood never have played Baldurs Gate. My world of The forgotten Realms was reborn and there were hundreds of people that were totaly into A game World I had played on PnP Mods with 7 friends for 3 years and had thought I was now to old to play.
I would very much Like to see Dungeon Lords on a forum. I like the fact that it will be a game we can play on line but only with groups of 4 players at a time may be something we could have alot of fun with.
I'm finally getting a pay pal account next week so you may be my first pay pal. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #34
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What causes the bar to go up on the meter? How often will it be updated?

Most important: are we still under the $50 mark?
Old 04-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #35
Rokenn
Galvatron

I think the meter is busted. Sent in some $$'s about an hour ago and it has not moved.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #36
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Since these forums are primarily gaming forums why not seek the sponsorship of any of the popular game-companies out there? I personally would prefer to see an Atari or Bioware banner here than an ad about the latest detergent or digital camera. It seems appropriate. Let's take Bioware for example. If we all visited their site through here then there you have it. I mean, we're doing it anyway!

Another thing is I would have problems paying such a large amount to a host that is obviously giving the forums so many problems with this time-out bug. It can only be them since you have checked everything and this only happend like 1 week after you changed hosts (I remember it because the forums were down a few days before you decided to change). I'd ask them to either fix it today or charge you half until it is fixed. No free forums have that problem so you're kinda getting ripped off, Ziroc : /.

PS. FYI: Three re-connects to post this message due to time-out bug. Thing is everytime I reconnect and refresh I'm sent back to the forum summary so need to switch pages thus increasing my time-out chance,*Sigh* this is the last time I'm gonna try post so if it don;t work then F***k it as I'm annoyed.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I just now proved the effectiveness of the meter. It works instantly upon sending money through paypal.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:48 AM   #38
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Woohoo, almost halfway there.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-06-2004, 02:33 AM   #39
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Since these forums are primarily gaming forums why not seek the sponsorship of any of the popular game-companies out there? I personally would prefer to see an Atari or Bioware banner here than an ad about the latest detergent or digital camera. It seems appropriate. Let's take Bioware for example. If we all visited their site through here then there you have it. I mean, we're doing it anyway!

Another thing is I would have problems paying such a large amount to a host that is obviously giving the forums so many problems with this time-out bug. It can only be them since you have checked everything and this only happend like 1 week after you changed hosts (I remember it because the forums were down a few days before you decided to change). I'd ask them to either fix it today or charge you half until it is fixed. No free forums have that problem so you're kinda getting ripped off, Ziroc : /.

PS. FYI: Three re-connects to post this message due to time-out bug. Thing is everytime I reconnect and refresh I'm sent back to the forum summary so need to switch pages thus increasing my time-out chance,*Sigh* this is the last time I'm gonna try post so if it don;t work then F***k it as I'm annoyed.
Actually, SpiritWarrior, The Timeout issue isn't their service, it's the Bandwidth. When we run out of Bandwidth, people cannot connect until bandwidth is freed up. And as you know, it costs even more money to increase that pipe, and at this time, I don't think we can afford asking for even MORE donations.. Unless you or a few others would donate that extra amount each Month?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:35 AM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
What causes the bar to go up on the meter? How often will it be updated?

Most important: are we still under the $50 mark?
I update it 5 times a day, everyday. [img]smile.gif[/img] As you saw, I updated it instantly when you sent in your donation It's MAGIC! Thanks Larry!!!