Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-06-2001, 03:58 PM   #41
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I won't kill you B.K.

Hey Sentinel, another question. In defining productive, how solid are the relationships at Everlore? I've personaly met three members - and spent four days as a guest of one - I'm related to a fourth member, and I've spoken to a fifth. The relationships that have formed as a result of the 'productive' conversation speak for themselves.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:00 PM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
I quit EQ about a year ago. I'm not sure what the Everlore sight is like right now, but if ya want go read it. I just used it as an example of what I had seen so I could be more clear.

Do you have the address? I'll dig up some posts from a year ago and check the frequency and quality for myself if you don't mind.

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 04:02 PM   #43
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I won't kill you B.K.

Hey Sentinel, another question. In defining productive, how solid are the relationships at Everlore? I've personaly met three members - and spent four days as a guest of one - I'm related to a fourth member, and I've spoken to a fifth. The relationships that have formed as a result of the 'productive' conversation speak for themselves.

Oh yeah, and in addition to the poems and stories shared, four of us have shared our music with other members.

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 04:17 PM   #44
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Do you have the address? I'll dig up some posts from a year ago and check the frequency and quality for myself if you don't mind.

www.everlore.com Sorry, I don't know how to make that into a regular link.

Oh yes, DBZ does rock! And of course, this is Goku when he first turned super sayan(sp?).

------------------

You're not lost if you don't care where you are.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:19 PM   #45
Moni

http://www.everlore.com/MB_LISTCAT.a...t=General&PL=1

Here you can go straight to um the forum!

Moni

Old 04-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #46
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Sentinel, you (and Moridin) may be referring to percentages of posts. Why don't you post a link to the Everlore board so I can see what you are refering to. As I have stated I have seen and contributed to plenty of serious posts AND NEVER SEEN YOU THERE. I'd love to see how many members this board has and how often they post. The old version of this board had over 5,000 members. This newer version has less members, but the person with the most posts (Cloudbringer) accumulated the same amount of posts as the old 'title holder' (Armisael) in a little over a month.

Refering to CB's # of posts. Did you ever notice that she will post 4 or 5 times in a row answering different questions instead of putting them into one post. Does more posts mean better quality?

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:36 PM   #47
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Refering to CB's # of posts. Did you ever notice that she will post 4 or 5 times in a row answering different questions instead of putting them into one post. Does more posts mean better quality?

Now Moridin, leave CB alone. She is most likely just trying to avoid confusion when talking with different people at the same time. I know for a fact she is not spamming for stars or rank or anything. She is just a friendly talkative person and we all love her for that. We all have our different posting styles you know? Nice to see you again BTW, how have you been? Long time no speak!

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

O.K. first observation is that in a little over a month the Gen discussion here has made 20,000+ posts, while the Main hall of Everlore has 49,000+ posts from 7/26/2000 to now.

I'd say you're just missing the 'serious' posts because of the quantity of the lighter posts. This forum certainly has an abudance of 'serious' conversation, as I have repeatedly stated, so you just need to dig if you want to find it.

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 04:46 PM   #49
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
O.K. first observation is that in a little over a month the Gen discussion here has made 20,000+ posts, while the Main hall of Everlore has 49,000+ posts from 7/26/2000 to now.

I'd say you're just missing the 'serious' posts because of the quantity of the lighter posts. This forum certainly has an abudance of 'serious' conversation, as I have repeatedly stated, so you just need to dig if you want to find it.

Yes, I think so, too.

------------------

You're not lost if you don't care where you are.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #50
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Now Moridin, leave CB alone. She is most likely just trying to avoid confusion when talking with different people at the same time. I know for a fact she is not spamming for stars or rank or anything. She is just a friendly talkative person and we all love her for that. We all have our different posting styles you know? Nice to see you again BTW, how have you been? Long time no speak!

LZ-- I am not 'picking' on CB. I know she is not spamming for stars or rank, I am just trying to make the point that # of posts can be decieving. Does this make sense? Please don't think I am picking on anybody, I am not

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!