Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #1
Devlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's another problem i have. When i did the Boogre quest my Priest/Warlock like all the others was turned into a Boogre, well he died before i was able to turn him back with the statue thing, and I didn't have any rebirth scrolls or spells with my other characters. so i left the prison and went back to town, got the preist there to bring him back to life and then took my party back to the prison to change him back to a fairy again. Now when I try to train him at the guild nothing comes up for training its just black. i was wondering if this is a glitch in the game or now that he's a warlock he can't train at the guilds anymore. If it is a glitch how would i fix it?
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:36 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Once you are a member of a guild, you are always a member of that guild whether you change class or not. IF there is something for which your character qualifies to train, it should show up - keyword "IF".

I'm not really certain if this is a glitch or not. Sometimes there is just nothing available for a character to train in. Check your character's info screens, see what levels they are in what guilds.

And which guild is coming up "black"?

Not sure if any of that was helpful, but I've never heard of any other player suddenly not being able to train in a guild to which they belonged except for those occassions when there was nothing to be learned. The whole bit with the Boogre Caves probably has nothing to do with it at all.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
Devlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I guess i should have said he was able to trian before the boogre quest now he can't. It comes up blank in all town guilds not just one town. He's only a lvl 12 priest and lvl 13 warlock so he still has a lot of trining to do, just can't do it now. None of his skills are even close to be at 12 yet.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

GUILD levels - not Role/Character levels. 7 is tops for Guild levels.

You get GUILD levels for doing quests for the guilds. The more guild levels you have the more you can train.

Well, this does seem odd.

Do you have a saved game from before all of this? Can you replay? (I
know, what a terrible thing to ask)

Did you, after having him brought back to life and before going back to the Caves to unboogre him, check in the guilds to see if he could train then?

Are you running the patch? (not that I like the patch)

Well - you could try sending me a ZIPPED copy of your gamexx.sav and I could try to see if I can sort out what is going on my machine.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote