Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

I have EoU installed and multiple strongholds enabled. Are there any duties tied to these strongholds aside from the thief one? I mean, will I be wandering around Amn and have a messenger show up saying "Minister Lloyd needs your help with saving the world"? Also, the thief stonghold requires micromanagement every 5 days or so. How strict is Renal about this? If you are in the Spellhold/Underdark sequence there is no way you can get back every 5 days.TIA

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

When you are not on the mainland, stronghold quests (and other quests) are waiting for your return.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, if you accept all the strongholds at once you will be bombarded with requests for assistance seemingly all the time. At least until you finish the stronghold quests.

As far as I recall:
- the thief stronghold never stops, just goes on ad nauseum and really doesn't give any great loot
- the bard stronghold takes forever to complete but is pretty fun, sometimes a little quirky
- the fighter stronghold is of moderate length and is more fun if you keep Nalia
- the mage stronghold takes a while to complete but doesn't really require much of you and you can potentially get some nice items
- the ranger stronghold only requires a few forays back to the umar hills and gives a nice item
- the cleric stronghold is more leisurely and more based on thought than confrontation
- the paladin stronghold quests can be finished quickly, one after the other
- the druid stronghold was the least well-developed and not that interesting

I found that EoU "all strongholds" was fun the first time, because it spiced up the initial chapters with the goal of getting all the quests done. But after a while it got kind of overwhelming. After doing a couple of run-throughs trying to get all the strongholds I decided to uninstall that particular feature of EoU since it tended to make things a little buggy.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

IMHO, the All-Stronghold mod is a lose-lose situation. The Stronghold quests are one of the major sources of Replay value in this game ("Man, I'm getting sick of the Keep. I wonder what Clerics get? I think I'll try a Priest of Talos next game...."), and of course Multi-Stronghold flushed that right down the toilet.

Then there's the "All my stongholds need me at the same time!" issue, one that I'm glad I don't have to deal with.

And, of course, All-Strongholds is known to cause bugs in some of the weirdest ways.