Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Thanks

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-11-2001, 10:39 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I think I can interpret "your welcome"

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:41 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I don't know if your thanks were for something else John, but I would like to thank Saz as well for keeping things from getting further out of control. Sorry you had to step in, but I thank you for it.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 10:48 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The thanks are well received, all. Sorry I've been offline for the past two hours. I had to go pick my wife up from work, then I wanted to visit with her, talk about this tragedy, get caught up on some of the news. Got to hear Bush's speech. Looks like Congress is going to continue to operate tomorrow, God love 'em.

Just keep helping to quell any "fires" that arise here on the board, guys. Self-policing is the best strategy. We're all high-strung right now with what's happened. I know I've been on and off IW for the better part of the day (when I wasn't teaching or trying to get news from somewhere), and I'm pretty exhausted.

Are there no other mods on right now?

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 01:02 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
The thanks are well received, all. Sorry I've been offline for the past two hours. I had to go pick my wife up from work, then I wanted to visit with her, talk about this tragedy, get caught up on some of the news. Got to hear Bush's speech. Looks like Congress is going to continue to operate tomorrow, God love 'em.

Just keep helping to quell any "fires" that arise here on the board, guys. Self-policing is the best strategy. We're all high-strung right now with what's happened. I know I've been on and off IW for the better part of the day (when I wasn't teaching or trying to get news from somewhere), and I'm pretty exhausted.

yes, me!! me!!

Old 09-12-2001, 11:42 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Sorry Saz, timezones do it for me. As I write it's 1:30 am and I need to be at work in 7 hours so I won't be online till 4 am US time again I'd say. I try to check in from time to time during the day but it's very busy for me at the moment. Quite a frenetic day but you did well, mate! We need to be understanding of people's emotional states at this time but also remain vigilant against those who would seek to fracture our community.

Self-policing from the longer-serving members of the forum can never go wrong. We survived the old blue board for months without an official moderator - we self-policed ourselves. I have faith in our bunch of people!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 11:57 AM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes Thanks Saz for keeping it under control...

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 09-12-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think you do a great job Saz. You can't be expected to be here 24/7, which is understandable, as real life must take precedence, of course. But I find you extremely fair and tolerant, which are what good Mods are made of! I'm glad to know you as a friend, and who knows, maybe one of these days I'll buy W&W and bug you to death with lame-o questions!

Memnoch - Same goes for you mate! I've watched you as a Mod for quite a while now, and even on the Blue Board when you weren't even a Mod yet, you're common sense and kindness kept everyone in line just by default! Unfortunatly, because of your timezone, I rarely get to see you online here. I saw you so much more on the blue board! I suppose your longer work hours are to blame? Either way, even though we don't speak "live" very much, I still read your posts and think you are a great asset to the Ironworks

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:01 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Sorry Saz, timezones do it for me. As I write it's 1:30 am and I need to be at work in 7 hours so I won't be online till 4 am US time again I'd say. I try to check in from time to time during the day but it's very busy for me at the moment. Quite a frenetic day but you did well, mate! We need to be understanding of people's emotional states at this time but also remain vigilant against those who would seek to fracture our community.

Self-policing from the longer-serving members of the forum can never go wrong. We survived the old blue board for months without an official moderator - we self-policed ourselves. I have faith in our bunch of people!

Oh, Memnie, I know...I was looking for Z at the time. Thanks, though. Things are so much more calm now. I appreciate everyone so much for their help.

Cheers,

------------------