Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 02:20 PM   #21
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Improved Alcaricity is a mage spell in TOB that makes no pause between spells, plus robes of Vecna, plus power amulet =Total havoc. Thought this up now. You could go crazy with this. I don't have shadow keeper, but all well, i'll figure somthin out. Its just the principle of the thing. He's bullsh*tly strong, and he could wipe out anyone. But think of this, wouldn't you see if he wore robes??? Or is he just to "Special" for Black Isle to make him have robes??
That robe is invicible on him. Just like his "Undroppable Helmet without animation". Check his stats with ShadowKeeper

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-20-2001, 02:24 PM   #22
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Synthos:
All mages have a limited number of spells (usually ie: Kangaxx and his imprisonments) So just keep sending wave after wave of summoned or gated creatures... I'm not sure but some of them will damage him a little.. So don't be afraid to use all those charges on your wand of monster summoning unless you really want to save them for ToB or other parts of SoA (cough, cough)
Have you even beaten BG2? If you have, you should know that Jonoleth turn himself into the Slayer in the final battle. That means, he is imune to normal wepons (wich the monster-summong creatures uses) AND regenerates

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-20-2001, 02:31 PM   #23
Synthos
Manshoon

Yes i know that, but creatures are not for hell, for the battles Before.. The creatures are only meant to waist Jonny's spells...
Old 10-20-2001, 05:29 PM   #24
Lucre
Elminster

Just use the cloak of Mirrors or reflection (i forget which one fires back spells), it can kill allsorts like beholders even Irenicus
Old 10-20-2001, 05:52 PM   #25
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I don't know what you are on about! Irenicus is easy if compared to some of the other mages in the game. I am afraid I was actually a bit disappointed when I got that far... fortunately it wasn't the last battle in the game otherwise I would have had to have complained bitterly. If you use the tactic of running in and out of his vision and then rushing him with fighters he goes down very easily - he doesn't have the HP's for a big fight. Now Kangaxx, that is a proper spellcaster...
Old 10-20-2001, 07:08 PM   #26
SecretMaster
Apophis

U guys r funny. Irenicus is hard, and wut is he, a child of Bhaal, cuz he becomes a slayer. I just got back from NYC, i saw a broadway show.
Old 10-20-2001, 11:10 PM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Jon Irenicus becomes a Slayer because... *GASP!* he stole your divine soul. He is disappointing in the last fight though... especially if you have two or more Mages... amazing what Khelben's Warding Whip and a couple of Breaches can do to an 'almighty' wizard... ...

Kangaxx in his Lich form, is a decent spellcaster, in his Demi-Lich form however... he is easily a push-over... ...

Personally? I think the Irenicus fight on the Tree of Life is the nicest Mage versus your party fight. In SoA of course.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Old 10-21-2001, 12:54 AM   #28
Synthos
Manshoon

It depends on your playing style and how smart you are... He's the end boss.. He's meant to be difficult for a reason.. Same with ole' Sarevok in BG1 and every other rpg you play. He's not immposible, many have beaten him.. you just got to do trial and error
Old 10-23-2001, 10:52 AM   #29
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Synthos,

Got a question for you Where did you come up with that name? I have been using that exact same name for I don't know how long now in multiple games for characters. I have never seen anyone else use it before. I am just wondering if you stole it off of me I can't even remember now when I made it up...probably about 8 years ago. Well if you didn't steal it off of me, glad to see someone has some good ideas about names!

Tsantlar