Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-02-2001, 12:33 PM   #11
Shadowblade
The Magister

Other tough ones would be the fight at the Den of Seven Vales immediately after getting past Ch1, the Twisted Rune, the mindflayer lair and the adventurers in the sewers (also in Ch2).

Thats funny how everyone found those adventurers in the sewers hard!
I thrashed them, Just cast insect plauge on them, then your laughing.
yeah the mindflayer layers hard. I didn't know about the chaotic commands spell than so it was really difficult.
[/b][/QUOTE]

------------------
Kneel before the biggest cheese in the world, ALL HAIL CHEESE!

[This message has been edited by Shadowblade (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old 06-02-2001, 01:40 PM   #12
dulouz
Manshoon

strategy... maybe someone doesn't want to know, so SPOILER

Uhg, those lousy mindflayers. I'm in Ch. 3 right now, and i just beat them yesterday. I had tried in a previous game, but i ended up not likeing my main character too much. So i'm playing a mage/theif now. Myself and mazzy tore up the mind flayers in the sewer by ourselves almost. It was a matter of setting traps, opening doors, and running then mazzy launched some phantom arrows into them. But the theif traps worked wonders. three traps in a hallway filled with mind flayers, run, close the door and watch the damage rack up. Also, it seems you can rest and get more traps to set while the other traps are still deployed. Mad insane damage to the beasties!
Old 06-02-2001, 02:36 PM   #13
ShadowUK

Everyone's forgotten the showdown with Irenicus again.........

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 02:45 PM   #14
Shadow
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowblade:

Other tough ones would be the fight at the Den of Seven Vales immediately after getting past Ch1, the Twisted Rune, the mindflayer lair and the adventurers in the sewers (also in Ch2).

Thats funny how everyone found those adventurers in the sewers hard!
I thrashed them, Just cast insect plauge on them, then your laughing.
yeah the mindflayer layers hard. I didn't know about the chaotic commands spell than so it was really difficult.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I did that with a solo mage at level eight.(in ch1)
On the hardest mode.
REAL EASY.
The den of seven vale!
------------------
The Black Killer

[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old 06-02-2001, 04:42 PM   #15
Volourn
Manshoon

1.Mindflayers - brain suckers,'nough said.
2.Red dragon - takes a 6 on 1 attack to defeat,resurrection handy in mid fight.
3.Svirfniblin Demon - stun stun stun.
4.Irenicus on Tree - 6 on 1 yet still tough.
5.1st Dwarf in Inn -stubborn, 2nd highest hp creature in game after Sarevok, super st as dwarf,great ac.

RUNNERUPS-all dragons, adventuring parties, unmber hulk groups,& rakashas.

Old 06-02-2001, 09:07 PM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Illithids (mind flayers). these guys are just cheap! they target my fighters w/ their psionic blasts, they fail their saving throws (as usual), then get killed in 2 hits that can apparantly do about a hundred damage! its just not fair! Kangaxx may be cheap, but a spell can counter his cheapness! there is no counter for the psionic blast (that i know of)!
Old 06-02-2001, 09:31 PM   #17
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Kangaxx was a tough fight, my pc kept getting imprisoned-until I let Minsc loose his berserker wrath with the warblade.
I hated those mindflayers, until in desperaton I actually looked at some of my spells lol and found chaotic command.
Irenicus in that tree was a toughie, as was Firkraag and those damn adventurers in the Den of Seven Vales. Those Maharajas outside the temple in suldanssar were also a good fight, as were the demon knights in the underdark.
Old 06-02-2001, 09:32 PM   #18
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Oh yeah, and any roving band of thugs a.k.a Adamantite Golems.
Old 06-02-2001, 09:36 PM   #19
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Nice site. The kua tao guys were tough I thought. the prince and his men.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Old 06-03-2001, 02:04 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Illithids (mind flayers). these guys are just cheap! they target my fighters w/ their psionic blasts, they fail their saving throws (as usual), then get killed in 2 hits that can apparantly do about a hundred damage! its just not fair! Kangaxx may be cheap, but a spell can counter his cheapness! there is no counter for the psionic blast (that i know of)!
Sephiroth, chaotic commands will protect against psionic blast. Nothing will protect against psychic drain (that is when their tentacles burrow under the skin of your face, go into your nostrils, and suck your brain out. Each hit will take 4 pts of intelligence, so when you get down to zero you're dead. You can delay it by drinking potions of genius to give you 25 intelligence, that will allow you to withstand 6 hits.

------------------