Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #81
Legolas the Elven Archer

Since the temple shows pictures of Atlantis, I was wondering how you would fit that into the storyline. Did the entire continent dissapear into the alternate world when trying to defend Earth? If so, maybe the survivors have a stronghold somewhere and are trying to return but failing at every go. This would provide the PC with a save haven and also solve the language problem, as their tounge could have been spread.
On the subject of Atlantis, Wim Gijssen wrote a book named Rissan about the inhabitants of the island going off to space and forming a colony there, which was discovered by 'normal' humans later on. The book's quite old so I don't know if it's in the library but if you want to involve the continent in your story you might want to read it. It's in Dutch so you'd have a good chance of finding it, but like I said, it's old.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 05-22-2001, 11:13 AM   #82
Bleys
Dungeon Master

The simple solution, as in all RPG is a language called common. This language has been around in nearly all RPGs(CRPGs and PnP) and can be spoken be nearly every one from Highest Elf to the Lowest Goblin. No one knows were it came from but it might have originated to make the life of the Game designer a lot easier.

If you do get stuck you could probly make up some magic iteam or little fish to explane it away.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:52 PM   #83
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Oke Link this is a question i should have asked you a long time ago. Is the Earth that the hero (and friends?) came from a modern Earth like ours??? If it is then you lose some quests like becoming a magic user. Which really isnt much of a problem. i had been taking this from the tone that they were archiologists and were exploring an ancient and undiscovered pyramid or something like that which they found covered in vines in a rain forest somewhere (probably south america). well if you set it up to be some guys from midevil times that solves a few problems but you also lose other possible story lines.

Either way it makes no difference to me how you want to set it up. Ill be here for any input that you want. just keep filling me in on how you want it to go and ill be more than happy to offer you opinions and suggestions.

take it easy mate

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 06:00 AM   #84
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Link if you add a part of the story about the identicle/kinapped lover, be it wife or husband and add something in the Prophecy or something that if he fails to rescue the wife (in the case of a male PC) then that wife dies for real on /Earth. whacha think??

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 10:17 AM   #85
Link
Jack Burton

Cool! That means he has to save his wife either way, cos he wants to see her again on Earth. I dunno about the Medievil/modern time thing yet. About Atlantis: that could be a good idea, and would certainly be a great solution for the language problem.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-23-2001, 10:21 AM   #86
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Well if you make it a modern earth then you have the problem of choosing the class of the character. if its a midevil earth that solves a whole lot of problems. BUT i was looking at the story like it was a modern earth and this temple the hero finds was a key to him solving the secret of Atlantis. hmmmm gotta think on this one hey??? lol

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 11:03 AM   #87
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Link are you going to allow handguns if this is a modern Earth the herp came from???

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 06:40 AM   #88
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

OI!!!! LINK!!!!! WAKE YOUR TIRED BUTT UP AND GET TO WORK ON THIS!!!!!
grrrrrrrrrrr YA SLACKER!!!!!!!

PMSL

------------------
Old 05-26-2001, 11:45 AM   #89
Link
Jack Burton

-BUMP-!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-27-2001, 08:45 AM   #90
Link
Jack Burton

-BUMP- ....-sigh-... i keep on bumping this thing!!!

------------------