Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2001, 10:32 PM   #21
draconia

Thanks everyone. I am only keeping Yoshimo because I read somewhere that he is part of the story. I don't know all of the details but I know that I will have to save him from something. So for now I am going to keep him and Imoen will replace him. My character is male and right now he is having a romance with Aerie (which is strange for me being female) so for now she stays. This first time of playing I do now want any evil ppl in my party. I also will not go get Nalia. I almost killed her when I did her quest and I did not like her and I didn't think that she is all that great. So I won't even consider her to be a part of my party. I did go get Keldorn and so far so good. BTW, where is this holy avenger everyone talks about? Plus I just went into a room full of mind thingies and they kicked my behind. There was one that did 1 pt of damage and killed Minsc. I didn't even kill one of them. I tried 5 times and everything I did, didn't work. Any suggestions???

Old 01-17-2001, 10:41 PM   #22
Armisael

Heh. Illithid drain int each time they hit. When your int goes below one, your brain's been eaten, and needless to say, Minsc's no mental giant. My most-used tactic is casting chaotic commands on a couple of people - a dummy and a ranged attacker. Cast invisibility on the dummy and stand him in a doorway. The illithid can't see him, and they can't walk through the door to suck your party's brains out. Then get your ranged attacker to kill them all while the stupid squid-heads wonder why the door's impassible and shoot off psionic blasts randomly.
Spoiler: you need to kill big red to get the holy avenger. That's Firkraag.

Old 01-17-2001, 10:46 PM   #23
draconia

Thanks Armisael. LOL that sounds like fun. I will try that tactic and see if it works. I tried to beat Firkraag with no luck at all. I did a search on ways to kill him and everything that I tried did not work so I decided that I might try later. Thanks for your help. Now I can go try again. LOL I love that squid-heads. Now I am going to be laughing when I fight them again.

Old 01-18-2001, 12:10 AM   #24
draconia

I just did a search on mind flayers. This isn't part of the unseeing eye quest? I thought it was. So now where do I need to go to start this quest? I went all over in the sewers and the only other place I could find to go is in a house where some guy was and he asked me to find a mirror. Am I lost or what?

Old 01-18-2001, 12:17 AM   #25
Armisael

You get the quest from the temple district. Go to the center of the map and you'll see Gaal preaching, and then a watchman will approach you. Go back to the temple of Helm and talk to the high watchman, and he'll give you the quest.

Old 01-18-2001, 12:23 AM   #26
draconia

I did that to get Keldorn. I am in the sewers and I don't know where to go from there. I went everywhere and I can't find where I need to go. I thought the mind flayers were part of the quest. I thought I had to go thru them first. When I went in the room with the mind flayers, I was expecting to run into some beholders. That is why I am lost at where to go from there. Is there a place in the sewers that I missed that will take me to where I need to go?

Old 01-18-2001, 12:23 AM   #27
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok. Go as far west as possible. Where you picked up Keldorn you should go west. Just continue on that "road".
Old 01-18-2001, 12:31 AM   #28
draconia

Thanks el_kalkylus. I guess I just didn't go far enough. Ok, here I go. I am hoping that I can beat those beholders. Thanks everyone.