Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
Darkless

hello evrybody !!! I've start playing bg2 2 weeeks ago and now I need some help, please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!

1)I'm on the asylum and i save before entering spellhold. I have Yoshimo in the party but if I enter he 'll be take
away by Irenicus and I'll must take Imoen with me... the problems is that I made Yoshimo e great character with a great equipment ad i MUST have him in my party... can you tell me if is possible to have him on the party after
the asylum ? and if I can't take him with me, which other cahracter you suggest to invite ? my party is:
me (warrior), minsc, Anomen, Jahera, Nalia and Yoshimo... both Nalia and Imoen are permanently on 5th thief level
and i would have a great thief in the party... but I like Valygnar too

2)on the map with the temple of amunator i find a piece of the diary of a man. the diary says that in a "stone column"
(ehr i don't know the words in english version, i'm playing the italian version)surrounded by trees he hide something.
i've search all the map but i hadn't find anything... can someone tell me the position of this clue ? please !!!

3)I'm entered in the firekraag's dungeon but I can only go in the troll cheff's room because in the horizontal corridor I found 1 iron golem and other 3 golems... how can I defeat them ? they're pratically immune to all my weapons
and the iron bolem is a spellcaster !!!!! i must use a specific object ? which object ?

please help me !!!!

Old 01-04-2001, 09:02 PM   #2
NytesHalo

1. Hmm I don't think you can get around losing Yoshimo. I think his fate is pretty much sealed by the creators of the game. I was wondering maybe if you ditch him before getting on the boat to go to the asylum, then he won't betray you ? Hmm anyone ever try that. I'm playing through with another character now I may try that. But I think you can pretty much scratch him from your list is my thoughts.

2. Can't help you on this one. haven't found it myself yet, still looking though.

3. The golems are tricky. I suggest you leave there nd go to the Copper Coronet and pick up the +3 throwing axe from Bernard then go back to the golems after getting this nice little weapon. You can just sit back and give the axe to Minsc since he has a proficiency and you can sit there whacking him with the axe from a distance until he's dead. Of course the small golems aren't much chalenge in comparison

Old 01-04-2001, 09:16 PM   #3
Squirrel's_Avenger

1. If you dont have Yoshimo in your party when you go to the Asylum, he just explodes the next time you see him....... and you dont even get the experience for taking his heart to the priests. The creators really limited your choices on thieves. I think they did it so you would use Jan. just dump all his level up points into set snares and you can use an invisibility spell when you want to sneak around.

2. cant find it either

3. that little gauntlet right there is harder to get through than Firkragg!!!

Old 01-04-2001, 09:34 PM   #4
Ineluki

Real quick about golems:

They may be almost immune to magic, but that's only because of resistance. 4 resistance spells drop resistance by 84%, and luckily they have very little hitpoints. I usually do that and hit 'em with about 5 magic missles and they're toast. Oh, and anyone wants to know an instantaneous, smack easy, LEGIT(I didn't say not cheap) way of killing Firkraag without a loss of hp, email me. I killed him with average party level of 10.

cheers.
Ineluki

Old 01-04-2001, 09:51 PM   #5
turbovee
Elminster

as far as the note you found in the temple, its part of the ranger stronghold quest and your main character has to be a ranger
Old 01-04-2001, 10:47 PM   #6
marc1ace

about yoshimo:
SPOILER
the best thing to do is drop all of yoshimo's equipment on the floor of the asylum before Irenicus gets there (he usually gets there after a while when you explored the whole area).you will then be taken to Irenicus' lab for a battle where yoshi will betray you, and you are forced to kill him. after all is said and done, go back to where yoshimo's stuff was left behind.

As for the use of a good thief: at this point this is where the game took a big turn in terms a playing style. My party was made of a paladin, Minsc, Jahera, Aerie, Nalia and yoshi. before this chapter I relied heavily on yoshi's hide in shadows talent and backstabed enemies with arrows (usually fire arrows). This was extreamly effective!!! Yoshi would wipe out entire parties by hiding in the shadows and shouting an arrow then run away and so on. now from this point,you can get back Imoen which will fill in the void of an empty character.It is true that niether Nalia or Imoen are good enough thieves to do yoshi's job, but that's ok they can detect traps and open locks which was enough for me from then on. Like I said, my playing style changed drastically since the loss of yoshi. I now had three members that can cast spells (an avanche of magic missiles coming from three different people can be very effective: especialy agaist dragons!!!). Anyways from then on the battles are with powerfull creatures and the backstab strategy doesn't really cut it. you should have powerfull fighters such as Minsc backed by a heavy arsenal of magic.