Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 12:22 AM   #1
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have imported my characters from IWD, but I can't even get beyond the barbarian camp at the start of HOW. I simply get slaughtered. AM I doing something wrong here- should I not even be in this fight?
huskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 01:42 AM   #2
Khanar
Manshoon

What levels are you?

And did you get the barbarians mad or something? Or did you just decide to attack them?
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:13 PM   #3
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The characters are all at 11 or 12. No, I went to the barbarian camp, went in to see the leader, who decided that I was a spy and sentenced me to death. the shaman, Hjollder, was sentenced to exile at Burial Isle for bringing me there. When taken outside for execution, the best I can do is run. I finally did manage to come back later five or six times and kill some of the barbarians, but now I have nowhere to go. Something is wrong.
huskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:31 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You're supposed to be "killed", sounds like you havent planned for it. When dialogue is done outside the gate use spells, defensive harmony, haste, bless, etc. Fighters up front, missile weapons behind, mage throwing what he has(magic missile etc).They really arent that tough, theres worse......
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:38 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

they try to kill you right away.. then you go to the Burial Isle to find Hjolder. Try talking to everyone in Lonlywood if you haven't figured out how to get to the burial isle..
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #6
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Something funny happened here right on that spot. We were playing a multiplayer game for some time then and it was quite weird. As we entered the hall of barbarians the game did not iniate dialog with the Barbarian leader right away. So we tried to speak with the other barbarians. They didn't say anything. The feeling began to grow that maybe the game had crashed and I wanted to restart the game. But then just before I could, someone spoke to Hjollder, right beside the leader.
That dialog was very weird, as we told Hjollder that the barbarian leader tried to kill us when we had not yet spoken to him and he was standing right in front of us. Then the yellow line appeared: You have located Hjollder on the burial isle. XP reward: 280000 or something. We had done nothing!
Then the barbarian leader spoke. After some conversating there was another XP reward. We were all level up. Quite funny.
After some more playing, we did locate Hjollder on the burial isle, but we did not get anymore XP for that. Bummer.
Arquetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 12:01 AM   #7
Khanar
Manshoon

Wait a second. You don't have to fight your way out. When I did it, I just did some fast talking on the main guy assigned to execute my party, and they let me go.

[This message has been edited by Khanar (edited 07-25-2001).]
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 02:14 PM   #8
marco
The Magister

well i fell into the same trap, problem with these guys is their big. What i did was just run like hell back to lonely wood and then improved my guys. I then went back to the camp and this time the barbarians were all in front of my group( if you notice that once you leave the camp the barbarians surround your group just before the battle). the way i tried it made for better odds and no deaths on my side!

------------------
there are 10 thunders, the 7th thunder is of man!

[This message has been edited by marco (edited 07-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by marco (edited 07-25-2001).]
marco is offline   Reply With Quote