Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-20-2001, 10:16 PM   #11
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I have already finished the game twice without any cheats. Now I want to have fun in a different way. I see nothing wrong with it. I am not forcing anyone to do the same.

As well you should have fun with it. Some people are sticklers about "cheating," but who cares how you play it if you have fun.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-20-2001, 10:24 PM   #12
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

I am in agreement with Liliara and trux. I completed the game a few times with different characters and allignments, no cheating involved, and find that ShadowKeeper can give you other options and approaches to the game.

Whatever floats your boat.
If you want to play it straight, be my guest, but this doesn't mean that you can't go back as an indestructable killing machine in another incarnation.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:33 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:
Sorry but I respectfuly do not agree with the theory of "To each his own". The game was meant for being played one way. It cost enough to buy it as to enjoy it the way it was build. Taking the "cheating" route only makes this game a generic nothing, might as well not play it out as you change one aspect that you cannot change otherwise, you change the game totally and (in my book) you do not play BGII but something else. I know you are the moderator, and hope you won't mind my different opinion as I do not hold my opinion for anyone, I speak freely regardless of who is what.

Why would I hold it against you? We don't suppress anyone's opinions here.

I think you are expressing an opinion above but are portraying it as a fact. Just because YOU don't like cheating or customizing doesn't mean that nobody does. If I was a casual gamer and bought BG2 and got sick of playing it because it was too difficult for me, why shouldn't I make the game easier for myself? Or should I just give up? Or should I just keep trying and trying for months by which time the fun is long gone and my self-esteem has taken a battering (I'm exaggerating here).

Isn't the reason you buy a game is to derive enjoyment out of it? You derive enjoyment by beating the game's challenges. Someone else might derive enjoyment for a totally different reason.

At the end of the day, it's your game once you buy it - there's nothing on the box that says you lose points or are less of a player if you didn't complete it the way it was "meant to be played".

Don't take the above as a flame - I'm giving you MY opinion now and trying to show you that there may be one way to finish the game, but a myriad number of ways to play it.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 07:13 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Right on Memnoch. Speak it brother.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-22-2001, 07:46 PM   #15
Milio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cheated.

And I liked it!
Old 08-22-2001, 09:06 PM   #16
Tananda
Elminster

Well spoken, Memnoch. I completely agree with you.

I believe, Wildhorse, that we should be more tolerant to other people and they way of doing things. Especially when we are speaking about the game - the thing that is only an entertainment. Every person may enjoy it in his/her own way. If you like a challenge - well, you're just such kind of a person and it's OK, but that doesn't mean everyone is alike you. All the people are different from each other, so trying to forse them to accept The Only Right Way of Doing Things is very unfair - particulary because there is no "only one right way".
You're saying that The game was meant for being played one way.
I can't agree with it . The game was meant to bring joy to players and to be enjoyed - nothing more...

And, I'll repeat after Memnoch - I am not flaming you, this is only my opinion on the matter .

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 08-23-2001, 03:43 AM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Tananda:
Well spoken, Memnoch. I completely agree with you.

I believe, Wildhorse, that we should be more tolerant to other people and they way of doing things. Especially when we are speaking about the game - the thing that is only an entertainment. Every person may enjoy it in his/her own way. If you like a challenge - well, you're just such kind of a person and it's OK, but that doesn't mean everyone is alike you. All the people are different from each other, so trying to forse them to accept The Only Right Way of Doing Things is very unfair - particulary because there is no "only one right way".
You're saying that The game was meant for being played one way.
I can't agree with it . The game was meant to bring joy to players and to be enjoyed - nothing more...

And, I'll repeat after Memnoch - I am not flaming you, this is only my opinion on the matter .

Tanada, are you really from the Ukraine? That's incredible. Wow! I love the net. Are you in Kiev? or down near the Crimea and Sevastopol? I am an Australian from Sydney in Manhattan.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!