Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 08:43 AM   #21
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Somehow, if you're of a high level, Wail of the Banshee does not work.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-07-2001, 10:34 AM   #22
Marillion
The Magister

Kanaxx was without question the hardest enemy I have faced yet..
After he came free he was really hard but i summoned a bunch of critters to be imprisoned instead of me. Than the Ring of Ram got hem scared and after that a few chops with Crom Fayer he was sliced into pieces.
With the cost of Anomen improsoned in the dungeon...
I wanted to try him without reading your tips and so I did but not without
costs..
I am now in need of Scroll of Freedom so to say
BTW. Is there anywhere else but Underdark they can be purchased?

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-07-2001, 10:55 AM   #23
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

FYI, I waited until after the underdark to do Kangaxx and here's a little spoiler........................................... .................
The gesen bow? it works wonders! turns that lich into your plaything! Have one fighter up front to distract ol' dead where he stands and stand back with the bow, firing away. it even disrupts his spellcasting! took him out in 4 or 5 rounds using minimal protections (evil), haste, chant, strength potion, Carsomyr and the gesen bow. had heard people bitchin' about this battle and was stunned when he died, rose and died again so quickly!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:38 AM   #24
Lord Shield

The Vorpal sword does work, but only if wielded by a Ranger (I used Minsc). I found this out in my old Monstrous Compendium (AD&D) and tried it out

Old 03-07-2001, 11:44 AM   #25
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Every time I faced demi-kangaxx, he died from the first blow. I was using mace of disruption (the upgraded one).
Old 03-07-2001, 03:10 PM   #26
Lord Shield

Upgraded? How'd you do that then?

Old 03-07-2001, 03:35 PM   #27
cHiCkEn_HeD
Dungeon Master

Kangaax huh? i guess its all just personal experiences. i had much more trouble killin 'ol firkraag than i did Kangaax. so therefore he got my nod as the toughest baddy. but im glad to hear all the opinions!
Old 03-07-2001, 04:10 PM   #28
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

How to upgrade mace of disruption: (SPOILER)
You get an assignment from a person at the templedistrict who wants you to get illithium for sir Sarles, an artist. When you get the illithium, you go to the dwarf at the docks and upgrade your mace of disruption. When you are equipped with this mace, you will be immune to level drain, and it will be a +4 against undead, and the undead must make a saving throw or be killed. This is why Kangaxx die very easy from this weapon.