Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-01-2001, 07:10 AM   #31
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Argh, help Aelia, the Fosters Foisters are ganging up on me!!! Well actually, it looks like me and Mouse are allying against the forces of Donut - hmm, you make a good point Mouse, and I mustsay it was eloquently expressed .

What can it be that you and Mouse have in common?

Oh, I know, you'll both have a great deal of time on your hands next June.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-01-2001, 07:20 AM   #32
Davros
Takhisis Follower

In common - why all that Scottish heritage Donut old pal - anyone care for some blue wode, it does wonders for the complexion . Are you actually going to Japan - where is the England team being based - how many of your mates are going. Hmmm, would I lower my colours / standards and dare to take a trip to support the "puuuump boooook" people - would Aelia ever talk to me again
Old 12-02-2001, 01:00 AM   #33
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hah! Just know this, Davros, I never go to weddings with traitors Well, as long as you don't cheer for England. Or Uruguay. Or Brazil. Or USA. How are USA in it and we are not?

Damn Fitzy! I want Newk!!! Pat stuffs his arm and they didn't even win Well, if they had, everyone would be hailing Fitzy as a genius. But he's clearly a buffoon Lleyton won [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] , now Arthurs... it's a terrible day when it comes to cheering for Wayne Hmm one set all (go wayne)

Langer out, Gilly out... This is a national disgrace Surely not the follow-on? Against New Zealand [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2001, 05:12 AM   #34
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Thank god this horrid week is coming to a close. This week we have suffered :
1) The elimination of the Socceroos
2) First Davis Cup tie ever lost to France in Australia (and it was a final )
3) The Kiwi's scored over 500, and actually declared!!!
4) Four Kiwi batsmen scored centuries
5) Warnie gets caught on the boundary for 99, so agonisingly close to his first ever test century
6) Anthony Mundine gets KOed in Germany
7) Adam Scott looks to have his automatic invitation to the US Masters sown up, but out of nowhere, Jose Marie Olazabal guns him down to win with a spectacular display over the last 3 holes.
8) Oh, and the elimination of the Socceroos (a repeat I know, but we are talking national tragedy here).

Oh, and the All Blacks somehow escaped a loss against Argentina in the Rugby.

For the positives we have :
1) Despite all the talk of the possibility, our cricketers were not forced to follow on for the fisrt time in a gross number of tests (144).
2) England drew the group of death (hey, when you are this far down, you take comfort where you can find it ).

Once again, let's give thanks that this week is over. From Monday we can expect normality to be restored (ie Warnie will weave his magic and knock NZ over cheaply, and the BAT and Langer will polish off the target before lunch on the 5th day).

Aelia, the one positive that we can take is that we come from OZ, the land down under that usually ends up on top. This wheel will turn.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:47 PM   #35
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hmm, your lists are quite good, but you seem to have accidently put an item in the negatives list that should be in the positives. I'll just fix it...

For the positives we have :
1) Despite all the talk of the possibility, our cricketers were not forced to follow on for the first time in a gross number of tests (144).
2) England drew the group of death (hey, when you are this far down, you take comfort where you can find it ).
3) Anthony Mundine gets KOed in Germany

I'm sure any non-fool-loving Aussie would agree with me here

Poor old Warnie Although that was a pretty reckless shot. But I think he was a bit desperate at that point. Now to finally bowl them out (cheaply) today.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:25 AM   #36
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Of course Aelia - just testing to see if you could spot the deliberate mistake - actually couldn't decide which column to put it in - wanted to play up the "it's been a bad week" theme, but didn't find anything wrong with the KO (good punch too ).

Time for "The Bat" to come to the fore - a double century would just about do it for us . So - have you rushed out to buy a new dress for the wedding - I am taking the lack of excuse to my earlier post as an acceptance that you are going, LOL!!! Also, I assume you are going to accompany to see Vossy's boys smash the hapless Port Adelaide Power. Ok, I guess I could let you answer those last 2 questions, but I was just trying to provide some decisiveness for you [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .
Old 12-03-2001, 07:04 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Ummmmm why do the Australians wear ALL BLACK in rugby???

SACRILEGE!!!!

[img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2001, 07:08 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Bah Humbug.
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cook Cup, Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,Cook Cup,

The What Cup? Surely you realize that our trophy cabinet was so full, the trophies had to be prioritized, and the What Cup kind of fell to the bottom of the list. That World Cup, Bledisloe, TriNations and Tom Richards Cups take up SO much space.

Old 12-03-2001, 07:12 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

There is a problem with my cricinfo page on the net. It shows the score as 534/9 declared, that can't be right can it? Whichever way round you look at it. Not New Zealand, I didn't think they were very good.

Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't realize that England were that bad, then.

Old 12-03-2001, 08:29 AM   #40
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Aelia - don't stare cos you might frighten him away - but see over there, I think there is a Genie, and he is [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] ming on our thread .