Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-02-2001, 11:08 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

In my opinion, longsword is a better choice then katana because there's only few good katanas but lots of good longswords. And the longswords are much powerful than katanas? Celestial Fury is a good blade but not so great as I thought. Everybody was talkin' 'bout it's the best weapon in th' game. But its lightnin hit and stun chance is only %5?
Old 09-03-2001, 12:14 AM   #2
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Definately longswords if I had to choose between the two, but Don't overlook bastardswords either; there a good cross between the two handed and the long swords and do nice damage. True, in the beginning there aren't many choices but once in the spellhold and underdark, you will find a few nice ones and there worth the wait. That goes triple for TOB...

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 09-03-2001, 03:59 AM   #3
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

cf's stun is on each hit unless they save vs spells. the 20pts lightning is 5%, yes.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:23 AM   #4
Rikard

The stun effect seems to come amazingly often
I personally have found no weapon better then CF
don't just ook at the stats
look at what happens in the game

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-03-2001, 05:06 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I like CF for its stun ability. Many a monster has been stunned into immobility before finally being "chunkified".
Old 09-03-2001, 05:12 AM   #6
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

CF is by far the best single handed weapon in the game - until you get the stuff from TOB. The stun effect saved my bacon loads of times, only dragons seem immune to it. Shame that the fight with the slavers to get CF is so hard - definately NOT for low level parties!!

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Old 09-03-2001, 05:57 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
In my opinion, longsword is a better choice then katana because there's only few good katanas but lots of good longswords. And the longswords are much powerful than katanas? Celestial Fury is a good blade but not so great as I thought. Everybody was talkin' 'bout it's the best weapon in th' game. But its lightnin hit and stun chance is only %5?
Celestial Fury is the second-best weapon in the game after Crom Faeyr. Don't underestimate the fact that you can get it as early as Chapter 2 if you're good enough. A chance to stun the opponent on each successful hit is amazing.

Many of the good longswords are overrated or come too late. The pick of the bunch is Blackrazor but given the time you get it it's useless. The Equalizer likewise takes too long to get and is not worth the wait. There are some good longswords in ToB though.

The best swords in SoA are 2H swords. There are 3 +4 2H swords in the game - Soul Reaver, Warblade and Carsomyr.

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 08:23 AM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Um, where do you get Celestial Fury?? (spoilers please)

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-03-2001, 09:44 AM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

There's a house in Temple District as "Guarded Compound"
Enter there and you'Ll find the sword
But be careful theres a though combat waiting for you

But you can win it even if youre at chapter 2 .
Old 09-03-2001, 12:43 PM   #10
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Man..

I cant believe it....

This CF is really a KILLER!?

That's why there's a warning in proficiency slots of Katana. Did u ever noticed it? It says: Warning. Katanas are found very rare so be careful before you choose this weapon. So there's lots of "fine" longswords but only 2 or 3 SUPERIOR katanas. So katanas are worth of it. I'll dual wield it with a another mace +3 yeahh