Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Read first:

Quote:
1. This quiz was made based on a game where both HoW and TotLM are installed, without Heart of Fury and without any mods. However, if you finished only IWD you are welcome to answer it. Most questions are from IWD only, few are from HoW and almost none from TotLM. I wanted to separate the IWD questions from HoW but found it difficult for questions like "Name the person." or "Where is the item?"
2. Spoilers: Since the quiz is for those who finished the IWD campaign, you should expect to find IWD spoilers here. However, since it might be answered by those who might not have HoW I was careful not to include many HoW and TotLM spoilers. So you can read the questions safely. There will be extremely few slight HoW spoilers in the questions. Of course there will be spoilers in the answers once those are shown.
3. Please don't write any answers in the thread, give hints or make inquiries about particular questions. PM me the answers or send email (zfr@onet.pl). Make sure the answers are numbered properly. If you have any inquiries or if you think any question is not clear PM or email me too. You are welcome to post general comments in the thread, or general inquiries not related to any particular question.
4. In the next post I will be posting the names of people who sent me answers. So if after 24 hours of sending me your answers, your name is not on the list it means I have not received them. Contact me then.
5. All results along with the answers will be shown once the deadline for answering is over.
6. The deadline for sending answers is 3 days. (I wont give exact time since we use different time zones. See the time this thread was made and add 3 days). This is not strict however. I might extend it a little bit.
7. Have fun . Please, please please do not get discouraged if you don't know many answers. Do participate even if you know only few. The quiz was meant for both newbies who completed the game only once and veterans who went through it many times. This is my very first quiz and I need all the support I can get.
The points for each question are shown in square brackets in red.
Note that I might give some points for partially correct answers.
There are no negative points for wrong answers unless explicitly stated. In any case you'll never get below 0.

--------------------------------------

OK. Here we go.

1. Name the person. Simply where he is and who he is. There is really no need to go into details; I will grant full points if I see you know whom am I referring to. [1 point each]
A. Hildreth
B. Karrl.
C. Skaldar.
D. Denthelm.
E. Custhantos.
F. Ferg.
G. Dolan.
H. Beorn.
I. Damien.
J. Valestis.
K. Xan.
L. Vera.
M. Eidan.

2. Below is a list of people with whom you fight. Is it possible to avoid the fight through conversation? And is it possible to get (at least some of) their items (other than pickpocket) if you do not fight them? Possible answers are "AF" – Always Fight after dialogue ends. "PA" Possible to Avoid fight through dialogue but you can't get the persons items (unless pickpocket). And "PAI" Possible to Avoid fight and you get at least some of the person's items. [1 point each. 0.5 point if you correctly guess you can avoid fight but make a mistake when it comes to keeping items]
A. Lysan.
B. Flozem.
C. Seth first encounter.
D. Seth second encounter.
E. Uligar (Orc in mill in Kuldahar Pass).
F. Marketh.
G. Brother Perdiem.
H. High Torturer in 5th level of Dragon's Eye.
I. Maiden Ilmadia.
J. Mebdinga.
K. Pomab (after you return to Easthaven).
L. Purvis (outside the house).
M. Presio.
N. Joril.

3. Simple True or False [1 point each]
A. There is a non-random item used by gnomes only.
B. There are 2 non-random items used by Paladin only.
C. There are 2 non-random armours that can be worn while casting spells by bards and fighter/mages.
D. There is a non-random item that can only be used by pure class mage (no dual- or multi-class).
E. There is a non-random item that can only be used by pure class thief (no dual- or multi-class).
F. Bards and fighter/mages can cast spells from scrolls while wearing armour.

4. With some characters (NPCs) you can get slightly different conversations depending on what class you talk to them with. What class(es) can get different conversations when talking with the following [1 point per class. You get a negative point (-1) if you write a wrong class where more than 1 class is asked for, but only for that question and it will never drop below 0.]
A. "Fake" Arundel after returning with Heartstone Gem.
B. Aldwin of the Kuldahar Evening Shade Inn when you talk to him with the legacy ring.
C. Commoner in Kuldahar (3 classes).
D. Marketh (2 classes).
E. Elisia.

5. Where are the following items? Give area and then whom it can be purchased from or whom it can be looted from or if it is in a container or simply on the ground. Or say if the item is random. If it is random you do not have to mention the area or anything else. Simply say random.[1 point each. 0.5 points if you get only the area right]
A. Kinetic Spear
B. Storm Bow
C. Belt of beatification
D. Morningstar +4 defender (2 locations, one or both could be random)
E. Gauntlets of Infernal Damnation.
F. "Valiant"
G. Static Two-Handed Sword +4.
H. Heavy Crossbow Of Speed.
I. Namji's Robe.
J. Ogi Luc's Great Robe.
K. Chautog's Thinker.
L. Chainmail +2 (2 locations, one or both could be random)

And now some general questions

6. How is it possible to defeat all trolls on level 2 of Dragon's Eye without ever using fire or acid (i.e. the trolls do not take any fire or acid damage)? [2.5 points]

7. If you threaten Nym he will disappear. However he will later meet you again. Where will he meet you and is it possible to kill him then or will he escape again? [2.5 points]

8. In Kuldahar there is a person called the Potter. In what quest will he be later involved [2 points]

9. Who can upgrade the rhino beetle shell and what will he make from it? Who will upgrade the umber-hulk shell and what will he make from it? [4 points]

10. How can you discover the truth about Hailee Dunn before speaking with her parents? [1.5 point]

11. What deity does Whitcomb of the Root Cellar Tavern worship? How can you find out? [1.5 point]

12. How much XP can be gained during conversation with Seer of Gloomfrost? [1 point]

13. Name four monsters found on the 1st level of Sea Of Moving Ice Temple (I mean the first level inside) [4 points. For each wrong monster mentioned you get a negative point (-1) but this will not drop you below 0]

14. Who is arguably the most helpful person on this board? Always giving extensive advice in both character creation and tactics. While his posts are comparatively not very frequent they are almost always long and of excellent quality. (HINT: he uses green font colour ) [1 point]

15. What kind of class does the person mentioned above like most? [1 point]
Old 10-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

The list of people from whom I have so far received answers (please let me know if your name is not on the list 24 hours after sending your answers):

_Soothsayer
_Dirty Meg
_Yanez
_Dragonshadow
_Aerich

[ 10-29-2004, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 10-26-2004, 01:24 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Jeez, I thought this would be a short quiz. Not easy, either - I haven't been through HoW/TotL in a while. Good quiz, ZFR.

I got 14 and 15, though.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:48 AM   #4
Yanez
Manshoon

Ok I mailed you the answers, and now we'll see how bad I am.
It certinly wasn't easy, but it wasn't too difficult either.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

Not exactly on topic, but I think the fact that you selected Brother Perdiem is pretty funny. I work for the government and 'per diem' is the amount of money we get for room and board when we go out of town on travel. I wonder if the game architects realized this when they named that character? :-D

Cary
Old 10-28-2004, 12:38 PM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Deadline almost reached and only 3 people participated??

What about jmsteven, Aerich, galdur and NobleNick? and Dundee and others?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I'll be sending my answers in by the end of today.

IWD forum is almost dead, it would seem. *sob*

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sorry, I haven't really had much time to sit down and think about it. A few less questions would have been good for me. I'll fire off what I can remember off the top of my head (read: guesses) sometime tonight, if it's still open then.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I'll still keep it open for some time because I myself need to verify some answers after what has been sent
Old 10-28-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
Deadline almost reached and only 3 people participated??

What about jmsteven, Aerich, galdur and NobleNick? and Dundee and others?
Sorry I missed it.
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote