Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

How far into SoA do your npcs and you reach your max experience? (chapter..)

If its early on, should I remove the cap (yes i know its cheating) because ill be playing the expansion?

I really hate cheating, but...
Old 10-23-2001, 10:40 PM   #2
Aurum
Manshoon

Pierde si es lo que deseas, pero no digas que lo hiciste.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

I'm sorry, im taking spanish level three right now, but man, it is hard. the only sentence that i can really say is

hola
yo estoy hablando. that it
Old 10-24-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Personally, I always play with the EXP cap off, so I dont know when my characters max out. I dont think that any of my characters really have during the game, except my main character. It really depends on how you play. If you want to get powerful without cheating, try maxing out as many NPCs as you can. So like when say, Minsc gets maxed out, swap in a fresh character like Nalia or Aerie or something like that. You won't max out early, because there are many quests you might or might not get. In any game of BG2 you'll miss probably 50% of ways to get experience because of alternate ways of doing things, or good/evil quests, that sort of thing. There are no ways of triggering a creature spawn either so no easy way to build levels there. Just play the game normally, and install the expansion early if you want to remove the cap.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-24-2001, 12:35 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Oh and another thing..I think that BG2 records the amount of experience you get even after you've maxed out, so those levels get added on in TOB. So even after you've maxed out, you can continue playing the game knowing that when you export your character you'll get all your rightful levels added to you.

------------------
No-Name Face