Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

I just returned from Boston on business, landing in Vancouver this morning Wed Feb 20, 2003. I was SUPPOSED to land in Vancouver monday evening, but apparantly, to the US, I look like someone who has a bomb implanted in their back!
Twelve years ago, I was in an accident and ended up with a couple of pins and a few screws in my back. Well of course these are great for setting off metal detectors in airport security stops. Now, I've been to Japan, Scotland, Britain, France and Italy during the last year with no major problems. I carry a certificate from my surgeon as well as copies of X-rays, and usually it takes no more than an hour to go through security anywhere!
I arrived at the airport in Boston, 5 hours early thinking this would be plenty of time. WRONG! I was detained for 36 hours, subjected to not one, but two body cavity searches, led out of the airport in shackles to the hospital so they could take X-rays for themselves and wasn't even offered so much as a f**king appology!
Now, I ask you what the hell is wrong with the US? I was wearing a $1500 suit, my shoes cose $300, and had documents proving where I was and what I was doing, signed documentation from my surgeon and the Canadian government indicating I had pins in my lower back. My notebook computer was disassembled and is now completely unusable, all files on my hard drive gone.
I have filed official complaints with both Canadian and US officials. I have never been treated so badly in my life! All that was missing were the 'SS' patches and swastikas on the US custom and security personnell.
Anyway, that's my rant, I had to get it off my chest. I have a meeting with my lawyers tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OMG Animal that is horrible in so many ways! I'd say you definitely have a case no doubt! And I'm sorry you had to go through that, especially after what you've already been through the recent months!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
OMG Animal that is horrible in so many ways! I'd say you definitely have a case no doubt! And I'm sorry you had to go through that, especially after what you've already been through the recent months!
I'm livid! It appears I was guilty until proven innocent, yet I was no where no your "stereo typical" security risk. I was well dressed, clean shaven, and had official, certified documentation proving who I was, where I was, who I was with, etc... I realized that security would be tight, so I took the necessary precautions yet I still ended up being treated worse than a criminal!

Watch your newspapers. I'm hoping that my lawyers will be releasing this to the press later this week.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Animal, that's terrible! And, no apology? That is just wrong. I apologise on behalf of my country, to the extent that I can.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Animal, that is so bad, dude. I apologize on behalf of the American Gestapo.

You did get my drugs through, though, right??
Old 02-19-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I've flown to and from Logan airport heaps of times and never had any trouble. I guess I'm lucky my tattooed head, forty-seven facial piercings and multiple violin cases have never set off any alarms [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though Animal, that's a really terrible thing to happen. I'm sorry and I hope you manage to get something out of this case.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

To check up someone took 36 hours ..STREWTH! I hope you shame them into at least a written apology so you can carry it with you next time you fly.

But I wonder at the iq of these guys. If your *implant* was a bomb and you were a suicide bomber did they take you to a hospital full of women and children to examine you? like d'oh what if the bomb is on a timer?

How would they explain that to the press.... [img]graemlins/stunned.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-19-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

That is unbelievable!!! Incompetent security is one of a dozen reasons why I fly out of Providence, even though I live just miles from Logan.

When Americans act like this, the terrorists have won.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:28 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

:shakehead:

Thats terrible, Animal! You'd think that after doctors notes, and stuff, and a CAVITY search, they'd realize that you were no threat! And taking apart your computor like that is terrible! IMHO, they should give you a FORMAL apolagy as well as a brand new laptop, with some good games to go with it
Old 02-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thats sure a load of shit Animal. Things are SO out of whack here. F'ed in fact. If you ever get to NC I absolutly PROMISE I will not do a cavity search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!