Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #1
Xerin
Dungeon Master

Hi. I have the scroll of cheating (cluebook) and it says Vi leaves in Trynton. I've explored half the town and she's still with me. I am patched. Do I get to keep her? Thanks.
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:48 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Vi will stick with you in Trynton and beyond. Note: however, she doesn't like water so be prepared to say goodbye when you head toward Bayjin.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:49 PM   #3
Naugrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had her in my party the first time I went to Trynton.. did all the things I could tell I was supposed to there and she's still with me after I left and went to the swamp.. It's possible, I guess, that coming back to Trynton at a later point in the story ends with her leaving the party for some reason..
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:05 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

~~xerin~~

i hate to say it but....
wait! NO, i LOVE to say it...
that hint book is a peice of garbage. it is SO full of misinformation, from outright untruths like that thing about Vi to incorrect maps and wrong locations for quests, treasure, important contacts, etc.

i made the mistake of buying 2. one for myself and one for my bf. prolly the only 2 things related to gaming that we ever returned and switched for something else.

if you're gonna use it, then be prepared to deal with stupid things like this. for you will find them cropping up constantly.

the person who wrote it, very obviously never played the game. since there's stuff in there that refers to items and other goodies that were later removed by sir tech, it was never proofed or updated. sad, sad, sad.

do a search on this forum and you will see many many complaints by those of us who have been here since day one and also had the misfortune of getting the guide.

V***V
Old 01-22-2002, 10:04 PM   #5
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

The book is ok in a whole, but there is lots of mistakes and lots they leave out. Your better off getting a walkthrough from some 8year old kid who only speaks Spainish and use's Yahoo to translate.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:40 AM   #6
Zud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hintbook;

I had to take this opportunity to tell a little story. I decided to buy wiz 8 for myself for xmas (all the online heroes of might and magic players have missed me for the last month) well while looking at compusa for the game, all they had was the hintbook. I decided to buy it and read up a little before I got the game. I went up to the register and the clerk rings it up and says "that will be $0.95" hehe

They had it in their database wrong I guess, so I have it, mebe not that great, but not a bad resource for a buck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Zud is offline   Reply With Quote