Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-24-2001, 11:43 PM   #1
Nailz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Posible spoiler if you dont want to know who the NPC playable char is in TOB.

I'm gonna start a new game, chaotic evil party...

Gonna use Korgan, Edwin, Viconia

as for a PC i think i need a thief!! I've played a shashbuckler twice now, they rock but i dont realy want to start a 3rd one, normal Theif or bounty hunter? Does the "penalty to theif skills" hurt that bad?

I'm gonnna save two spaces (party with 4 people might be hard no?), one space for Imoen (will she stay in chaotic evil party?)

and i'm going to leave the last slot open for severok (cant remember spelling) I ASSUME he's chaotic evil, should be fun tho...

any suggestions/changes/answers? thanks a million =)
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:46 AM   #2
Greadius
The Magister

Saverok is some kind of evil, but I don't think it was chaotic.
Imoen will stay with you as long as your rep is right...

As for evil characters, thieves are always fun... even though I think fighter/thieves go miles on Swashbucklers.
Don't forget you'll be healer light with just Viconia, but there are so many potions in TOB that may not hurt you much.

And also remember to actually ACT evil... I tried an evil party, but ended up being neutral... what can I say, I'm a paladin at heart.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 01:50 AM   #3
Nailz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info, but if I keep my rep up, wont all my evil people leave the party? I remember when i first played i had all good people except for korgan, he left cuz i was too good.. hmmm??
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:38 AM   #4
Greadius
The Magister

I know they will leave depending on rep, I don't have the exact numbers...
But since you're inquiring, rep comes in very easily in ToB and I had a 17 rep for a short while while Viconia, Edwin and Saverok were in my party and they didn't leave...
I heard in ToB they won't leave your party anymore, but I'm not sure... just saying you have a wide girth (8-17) of rep in which to maneuver.

I just liked to build it up in my evil party so I could go slayer mad and not have to worry about rep dropping too low.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 04:15 PM   #5
Graccus
Dungeon Master

In SoA, if your rep gets up to 19, evil chars will leave. I don't know if that holds true in ToB or not.

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
Graccus is offline   Reply With Quote