Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 01:42 PM   #11
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Okay, here is what I would do with Neb's head.

I would tell him to shampoo his hair and then I would tell him to comb it because it gets shaggy because he's on the computer way too much. We are talking about the neb on the forum, right?

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-29-2001, 03:00 PM   #12
ReGiN

geez, why do everyone bother, discussing minor details.....

Old 10-29-2001, 03:26 PM   #13
Kaleban
Manshoon

Love the quote Hiram, he he.

And you're right, we all assumed it was a spoiler because we all know about the plot anyways. Although he COULD have meant forum Neb, its almost a certainty it meant one of the subquests in the game (not a spoiler anymore, the cat's out of the bag so to speak).

Somebody made a mistake in posting it, possibly misinterpreted exactly what a spoiler was, and gosh, is Human. Deal with it and move on. Everyone makes mistakes, and not everyone is familiar with the way most of us mark a spoiler...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
See, not all know to do that! So we can belabor the point endlessly, beat a dead horse, and then dig it up and beat it some more. Instead of being a forum lawyer, why not let the admins take care of it. If they had deemed it an "Oh my GOD we must take action post" would we even be here debating?

Jeez...
Old 10-29-2001, 04:35 PM   #14
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

LOL~! I can't see how this is a spoiler. chill out, Skunk. Its like "OMG!! I have been spoiled! I eventually acquire a being named Neb's head! I might as well quit playing BG2 now, as its intricate storyline is now RUINED!" How about just answering the question? It's easy.

Old 10-29-2001, 07:46 PM   #15
Skunk
Banned User

True. We shouldn't bother with etiquette. WE SHOULD ALL WRITE IN CAPITALS, use expletives, shout in the cinema the exactly what's going to happen in the next scene etc, etc.

The guy who wrote the conditions of use probably did it for a laugh and didn't really expect anyone to give a dam...

Look, you buy a book and start reading it, and the guy next to you keeps telling you what's going to happen when you turn over the page...

No, the whole game isn't ruined by one instance, but some of the mystery is taken out of one of the quests...Now repeat the same thing around 50 times ('cause hey! it's only one thing each time) and tell me that the game isn't ruined by it.

Look, the point is, everyone makes mistakes and not everyone is clear on the rules. What is wrong with pointing out the error so that it isn't repeated in the future?

I was NOT having a go at anyone - justing asking them to follow the agreed guidelines and make a minor adjustment to the subject line. It doesn't hurt to do it and it makes both the gaming and the forum experience that much more fulfilling and enjoyable.

It's getting to the stage where you shouldn't actually use the forum until you've completed the entire game at least once - and that's not how it's supposed to be.. or is it?
Old 10-29-2001, 07:56 PM   #16
andrewas
Harper

i woudl jsut like to point out to everyone that if you hadnt bothered barb about it and debated so long, this post owuld be buried by now!
Old 10-30-2001, 07:01 AM   #17
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

All i wanted was a simple answer. I have finished using Neb's head and peoppl are still debating whether i used a spoiler or not.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:44 AM   #18
Kaleban
Manshoon

The Last Word?

Skunk, are you a Forum Admin? As far as I know, the answer is no. If I'm not mistaken, the proper thing to do (according to forum etiquette) is to report a post that you feel does not conform to the guidelines to the established forum admins, and not try to take the moral high ground and be a "vigilante" admin.

Just a hint, but the reason so many people argued and debated you is that you post as if you have some authority, when in fact, you are a "forum peon" just like the rest of us... Nobody likes it when someone tries to be a rules bully, that's why forums such as this HAVE admins...

------------------
He Will Win
Whose Army Is Animated
By The Same Spirit
Throughout Its Ranks

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Old 10-30-2001, 09:57 AM   #19
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
The Last Word?

Skunk, are you a Forum Admin? As far as I know, the answer is no. If I'm not mistaken, the proper thing to do (according to forum etiquette) is to report a post that you feel does not conform to the guidelines to the established forum admins, and not try to take the moral high ground and be a "vigilante" admin.

Just a hint, but the reason so many people argued and debated you is that you post as if you have some authority, when in fact, you are a "forum peon" just like the rest of us... Nobody likes it when someone tries to be a rules bully, that's why forums such as this HAVE admins...

well said

------------------

Beware Satan (My chearleading companion)

Old 10-30-2001, 10:10 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I am slightly on Skunk's side. True, he may be just a boardie like you and me, but it is not wise to totally depend on the moderators. Moderators are not omni-present, and cannot be expected to monitor every single thread 24/7.

There is nothing wrong when regular boardies advise other boardies to edit their posts so long as it is valid and has merit.

However, I will also say that Skunk did not approach Barb with tact. This of course is also wrong, so in a way, both Barb and Skunk did make mistakes, maybe minor ones, but mistakes still.

When I see people make mistakes, whether intentional or unintentional, I usually just give a friendly 'nudge' to tell him/her to edit his/her post. This is only for major ones though, I consider this Neb one minor.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,