Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #31
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[QB]OK, SomeGuy, did I mention the dancers were you, CD and Horatio?
[QB]
Oh don't be silly Cloudy, I couldn't dance to save my life
[QB][/QUOTE]To bad CD! You have to dance! Don't make me get the Penguin army in here and make them dance!*Grabs a donut* Ooh!This one has little sprinkles on it!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #32
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Hi guy, so you are thinking of getting out? Well the job market is a bit slow right now, but there are jobs to be found. Just a heads up from someone who got blindsided by a couple of things when I got out.

A. I had to nearly double my annual take home pay to maintain the life style I had in the Navy.

B. If you end up taking the Unemployment benefits you will be entitled to, make sure you put about 20% of it aside, because they ARE subject to income tax and none will have been withheld for you.

C. Enjoy civilian life [img]smile.gif[/img] I know what you mean about body fat... I knew a guy who had a body that would have rivaled that of Arnie S. in his hey day, and the military,s measurements still showed him as over body fat due to his neck size.

To paraphrase some guy off of SNL, Civilian life has been beddy beddy good to me!
[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the advice, I attended the ACAP (a class to make the transition to teh civilian world easier) class last week, I got some great literature, and websites for job searching

Nacht and Cloudy, I'll see what I can do, but I can't make promises
Old 11-27-2002, 11:14 AM   #33
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
quote:
*grins and hides*
*Performs Screaming Eagle Ninja Mop Attack of Doom...Trips on wet floor...falls flat on face with business end of the mop wrapped around his head*

CloudyHoney? A little help?
[/QUOTE]*retreats into his dark corner, and tries in vain to control his fits of laugher*
Old 11-27-2002, 11:15 AM   #34
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Borvik:
Hello everybody!

I think we should be more cautious when LsomebodyelsesAO! First it's been Larrys, now it's MagiKs - and what will come next? Think of the poor guy that has mop duty
LCDAO? Hmmmm...I like it.

Oh....wait...you meant me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*tries to look indignant whilst still stuck in the mop and sprawled on the floor...fails*

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-27-2002, 11:15 AM   #35
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

hey cloudy, all you need for caramel is to boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for about 3 hours! yeh on the can it says not to heat unopened, but i just opened mine this morning and it's sooo good, not sure how long the pie will last, we'll be lucky if it makes it to tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:17 AM   #36
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
To bad CD! You have to dance! Don't make me get the Penguin army in here and make them dance!*Grabs a donut* Ooh!This one has little sprinkles on it!
*Grabs a katana* you wanna try sending those penguins on me SG? I mean, I'd have to hurt em, and then Cloudy would all cook us a lovely roast pengiun dinner, yum! Hmm, just think Someguy, roast penguin, steaming hot, with gravy and roast potatoes... *grins wickedly*
Old 11-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #37
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
*retreats into his dark corner, and tries in vain to control his fits of laugher*
*Shoots dark looks at the equally dark corner...* THHHPPPPPBBBBBTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Soon as I'm loose...it's back to cleaning duty dude. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*continues to struggle with mop*

[ 11-27-2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #38
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:
To bad CD! You have to dance! Don't make me get the Penguin army in here and make them dance!*Grabs a donut* Ooh!This one has little sprinkles on it!
*Grabs a katana* you wanna try sending those penguins on me SG? I mean, I'd have to hurt em, and then Cloudy would all cook us a lovely roast pengiun dinner, yum! Hmm, just think Someguy, roast penguin, steaming hot, with gravy and roast potatoes... *grins wickedly* [/QUOTE]No I was'nt going to have them attack you.I was going to replace you with dancing penguin since you won't dance. Hmm roasted Penguin eh?Sounds cannibalistic.Now roasted elf sounds really good!
EDIT:*Hands Nachtrafe a book named "Mopping for dummies"*

[ 11-27-2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-27-2002, 11:26 AM   #39
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
No I was'nt going to have them attack you.I was going to replace you with dancing penguin since you won't dance. Hmm roasted Penguin eh?Sounds cannibalistic.Now roasted elf sounds really good!
EDIT:*Hands Nachtrafe a book named "Mopping for dummies"*
LOLOLOL. Roasted elf? [img]tongue.gif[/img] heheheh. I think not! [img]tongue.gif[/img] awww, I'm sure Nachtrafe KNOWS how to mop. I'm sure cloudy has him properly house trained [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] Now, dancing penguins...? *grabs bow* target practise! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 11:26 AM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

hmmm.. so if I come over now, I can have Caramel, RR?

Hey guys, put that poor abused mop down and come chat!

MagiK, I may have to give you mop duty next week, these guys can't handle it!

I'm off to get goodies for my Thanksgiving feast soon. See you all later!