Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
norompanlasolas

un experts finished today the first day of inspections, after visiting 2 places, the tahadi factory in the outskirts of the capital and an undisclosed location. in hans blix own words, the inspections got off to a good start, and the unmovic teams saw everything they wanted to see, without any interference on the iraquis part. he also said that the teams will inspect in any place of iraqui territory and without previous notice. trucks full of high tech equipment continue to arrive in irak to help the inspectors in their task.

i wonder what would happen if after 2 months of inspections, they found out that there are no weapons of mass destruction in iraq...

[ 11-28-2002, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 11-27-2002, 01:08 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, I think Bush is going to lead us to war no matter what. But, I highly suspect that there is a certainty among high-levels of gov. that there are WoMD there. So, I think the inspectors are simply there to confirm what is already reasonably known.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I believe one of the inspectors said it could take up to a year, and that's with co-operation. It would certainly be nice, if they continue to allow full access, and I'll be quite happy if everything is searched and they find nothing. I'll be a bit embarrassed, but still quite happy.

Now, if the Iraqi's accidentally shoot down a coalition plane during the inspections....
Old 11-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #4
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone notice what United Nations experts spells if you abrevreate United Nations and dont capitlize it?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-27-2002, 04:08 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I'll echo Ronn, embarrassed but happy. But, if there is nothing to hide, why did they obstruct and harass the inspectors before? Sheer cussedness?
Old 11-27-2002, 05:58 PM   #6
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I'll echo Ronn, embarrassed but happy. But, if there is nothing to hide, why did they obstruct and harass the inspectors before? Sheer cussedness?
Because they are proud man! They don't want foreign heathens getting their greasy mits all over their stuff and going on a holier-than-thou power trip. The Iraqi government is a royal family, a noble family, they have their dignity. They've killed alot of people sure, but most royal families do to stay in power.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Because they are proud man! They don't want foreign heathens getting their greasy mits all over their stuff and going on a holier-than-thou power trip. The Iraqi government is a royal family, a noble family, they have their dignity. They've killed alot of people sure, but most royal families do to stay in power.[/QUOTE]Until the people are sick and tired of them, and put a rope around their neck, or chop off their heads, quite a few "royals" ended that way.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
The Iraqi government is a royal family, a noble family, they have their dignity. They've killed alot of people sure, but most royal families do to stay in power.
Pride is a funny thing. They weren't too proud to surrender and promise to allow inspectors as a condition of that surrender. They weren't too proud to violate their agreement with the UN, and their leader wasn't too proud to tell his people that Iraqi forces actually crushed the west in the Gulf War.

Actually, this does have to do with pride. The pride of Saddam Hussein, not the pride of the people of Iraq. They would be proud if the money that Saddam has spent illegally on weapons systems during the sanctions had been spent instead on food.

Actually, the Iraqi's aren't governed by a Royal Family. Saddam is a military dictator, but he doesn't have any royal Iraqi blood in him. Since he took control in a military coup which spilled some, he has some on him. The power is the same, but it's a different concept. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-27-2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-27-2002, 07:18 PM   #9
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Just my opinion, but I doubt that they're gonna find any weapons of mass destruction because I'm sure that the Iraqi's have thoroughly covered their tracks and hidden most of their weapons. If you had a bunch of weapons that you weren't supposed to have, and you had a month or two to hide them, wouldn't you?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:28 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

good to hear everything is going smoothly thus far. they have had enough time to hide their weapons