Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #1
Charean
Hathor

When the rap artist Eminem took the stage at the annual HFS-tival, there was a sudden rush to the stage. Several people were trampled, and some had to be transported to local hospitals, prompting Fire/EMS to declare a mass casualty incident. The most seriously injured was a 20-year-old man who went into cardiac arrest in the melee.

Just after 8:00 pm, scores of people suddenly rushed the stage at the music event, held at RFK Stadium. Five people were eventually transported, including the code-1 cardiac patient. DC EMS providers were able to utilize an automatic external defibrillator on the patient, who was also intubated before being transported to Medstar, where his condition was unknown.

"Upwards of 30 people were examined at the scene, suffering from injuries consistent of being trampled," said EMS Special Operations Lt. Henry Lyles. "It was a hectic several minutes, but our folks did a great job."

A triple local alarm was assigned to this event, including three engines, one truck, a battalion fire chief, all three rescue squads, and seven EMS units (not including the units detailed to the event).
In addition, five EMS units were called in from Prince George‚s County and four from Montgomery County.

*My question is why they rushed the stage in the first place. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 12:04 PM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

They kind of deserve it for being Emenem fans. Just goes to show that Darwins theory of natural selection is alive and well. If you cant Mosh you get Squashed!! Now if we could just get backstreet boi and briteny spears fans to follow the example.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Winkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh nos, another I love system of the down fan....
Old 05-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
[QB]They kind of deserve it for being Emenem fans. QB]
Its the stupid line of the Day!!! Yay. Nobody deserves to be trampled for the type of music that they like. I enjoy some of Eminems music. I have seen things this like this happen at all kinds of concerts.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I hate Eminem and i hate his music, i also don't like Britney Spears or the Backstreet Boys. But it doesn't make me happy to hear that some of their fans got badly hurt. Even though some people don't like me because of the type of music i like it doesn't mean i should hate them for liking dance, rap and pop. That would make me a hypocrite.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by nick1979:
Its the stupid line of the Day!!! Yay. Nobody deserves to be trampled for the type of music that they like. I enjoy some of Eminems music. I have seen things this like this happen at all kinds of concerts.
Too true Nick! What an utterly stupid thing to say, Hunter. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Ever heard of the festival Roskilde, where a number of people were literally squashed to death as Pearl Jam played? If you want to lash out at anyone, lash out at the organisation for not taking accurate safety measures or at the herd mentality of the crowds in which these accidents happen.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yep it's a bad thing to say...

have respect for what they like and they will respect yours in return

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 01:06 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Got My Hopes Up. I Thought Eminem Had Been Injured At His Concert. Maybe Held His Chainsaw The Wrong Way... Oh Well, Theres Always Tomorrow...

But Then Again, It's Sad To See This. And I Don't Really Agree With Hunter, Even Tho I Do Think Eminem Sucks. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-26-2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]
Old 05-26-2002, 06:30 PM   #9
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i can understand guys rushing the stage when britney is on stage,but not this little punk ass bitch eminem.it's not hard to figure why a guy would get excited about britney,but why the excitement for him?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:35 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I really don't think that Hunter meant that they actually deserved to die. It seemed to me that he was joking, and if that is the case we should probably cut him a little slack.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition