Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This thread is a continuation of the discussions started in the original Evolution/Creation thread.

Not surprisingly, the discussion soon focused on religious beliefs (or lack thereof). So this new thread is designed to incorporate ANY topic that is related to religious beliefs of ALL varieties.

ALL views are welcome....just be nice and show respect for one another.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

To me the whole debate seems rather useless, both are fundamentally founded upon faith. Either faith in your religion or faith in your science. Both espouse "facts" to throw at each other to try and turn the tables in the debate but when it comes down to it you have a belief in one or the other. Until either one can show unarguable proof that they are right it will continue. At this stage creationists put their faith into their personal experiences and the tenents of their religion, evolutionists put their faith into scientific discoveries and the enormous cosmos of the unknown yet to be discovered. So who is to say whos right? Either way you all have faith in what you believe is right.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:22 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i got three words for ya: religion is dangerous
Old 04-25-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Qbe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
As dangerous as lack of religion?
Old 04-25-2002, 01:21 PM   #5
MagiK

My Apologies to Larry for missing his post about not posting...was experienceing delays in the loading of the thread.

Old 04-25-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
So is water if used incorrectly....so your point is?

Old 04-25-2002, 01:24 PM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
To me the whole debate seems rather useless, both are fundamentally founded upon faith. Either faith in your religion or faith in your science. Both espouse "facts" to throw at each other to try and turn the tables in the debate but when it comes down to it you have a belief in one or the other. Until either one can show unarguable proof that they are right it will continue. At this stage creationists put their faith into their personal experiences and the tenents of their religion, evolutionists put their faith into scientific discoveries and the enormous cosmos of the unknown yet to be discovered. So who is to say whos right? Either way you all have faith in what you believe is right.
There is no "faith" in science, there are only theory, observation, and demonstrable facts/proofs.

Old 04-25-2002, 01:27 PM   #8
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

You don't have to accept - or even agree - with my beliefs. I respect your choice of beliefs, all I ask is that you show the same respect towards mine.
I wholeheartedly concur.[/QUOTE]Do you really?
You disrespected my views by taking my post and twisting It deliberately to fit in with your own beliefs and views on what I had written, without even trying to deal with the issues it raised.

Old 04-25-2002, 01:28 PM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
There is no "faith" in science, there are only theory, observation, and demonstrable facts/proofs.[/QUOTE]When someone belives science to be the true answer to their question but they have no proof is this not faith that science is right?
Old 04-25-2002, 02:03 PM   #10
Knobhead_the_Pommie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

You don't have to accept - or even agree - with my beliefs. I respect your choice of beliefs, all I ask is that you show the same respect towards mine.
I wholeheartedly concur.[/QUOTE]Do you really?
You disrespected my views by taking my post and twisting It deliberately to fit in with your own beliefs and views on what I had written, without even trying to deal with the issues it raised.
[/QUOTE]I did it to show you how it felt. Wasn't a nice thing was it? Just remember you have made insulting generalisations repeatedly.