Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 10:05 PM   #31
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
wow too bad so much human error went into this one, otherwise it would've been pefect... i just got it in my mail myself, boy this things fun to play with.. I've isolated it onto a folder on my laptop... look at that baby go... tries deleting every file and sending random important stuff somewhere over the net, which it cant... mac OSX deals with it quite well actually, lol, you can litterally watch as it navigates your hard drive seeking anything of importance

hehe whats really funny is how res edit recognizes it as having a binary code which has too many decimals to actually BE binary code, it carrys along with it its own programing language designed specifically for it, which is supposed to be able to cross-comunitcate with... well... windows LOL... so if you're on another platform , like linux, you have nothing to worry about but if you isolate it in a folder you can actually get it to do stuff with proper emmulation... hehe... Its very determined too, likes to adapt to protection software (and hardware) to try to get around eveything, I think the only type of transfer cable it can't move through is firewire

heh... what will they think of next... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
lol /)eath I have done that before with a really old virus, I made McAfee let go of it and then contained it, and left it there for a week.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-04-2002, 11:32 PM   #32
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Does anyone here know if it affects macs?
Old 05-04-2002, 11:50 PM   #33
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

You can also try Trends free online virus scan at Online virus scan.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:54 PM   #34
LennonCook
Jack Burton

With these viruses that go round, for once I am HAPPY with the service hotmail provides- it will virus check all emails you get automatically with McAffee, and if it doesnt pick up anything, our constantly updated version of Norton AntiVirus almost definately will. (we update everytime the live update thing comes up.)
Old 05-05-2002, 12:43 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Memmy, I went to Microsoft but it refuses to install 'cause I keep requesting the wrong one. How can I tell what version of Microsoft Internet Explorer I have?
Open IE and click the HELP at top, choose about IE and it gives you all pertinent data.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:30 AM   #36
Animal
Gold Dragon

Symantec has the following information:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ez.gen@mm.html
Old 05-05-2002, 01:41 AM   #37
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
It's going to my tgeweb.com address, which means that it's being sent by someone who's visited Ironworks. Some of you guys might be getting sent it as well - I've received it 10 times in the last 2 hours (but my antivirus has killed it each time).

Get updates to your virus definitions, and scan bigtime! This one's annoying...
Yeah, I get it as well, but I get about 200 of them a DAY. It totally sucks that my filter can't ban-out *.scr | *.exe | *.pif | *.com and others.. its getting WAY to much.

I may go back to my Agent mail proggie, Outlook isn't to hot.

PS: PLEASE, everyone that has me in their address book--SCAN YOUR system with the latest virus datafiles! These MM (Mass Mailers) are so annoying!

(Mem, can you see the IP this is coming from? If so, let me know, I'll see if it's the same as one of mine)

Soon, I am moving my tgeweb.com domain to the new server, and I'll install a scanner on our mail server that will filter out all that stuff)--I wish all other ISP's and AOhell would as well, it would reduce the server loads and make the backbones MUCH faster!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-05-2002, 01:54 AM   #38
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Memmy, I went to Microsoft but it refuses to install 'cause I keep requesting the wrong one. How can I tell what version of Microsoft Internet Explorer I have?
Galadria, I don't know what OS you're running, but this should work:

Click on 'Start' and go to the Program Files folder. Once this opens, go to the Accessories folder. Open the System Tools folder and click on 'System Information'

Start - Program Files - Accessories - Sytem Tools - System Information

You should be able to get detailed info. on your IE version here.

I'm one of those who has been indirectly affected by the Klez virus. Someone on campus out here became infected and the bug sent out virus laden e-mails with my address in the 'from' line.
[/QUOTE]To find your IE version and info, all you need to do is:

In your browser, click 'Help' then 'About Internet Explorer'

If you have a fresh install of Internet Explorer from a Windows 98 CD, and have NOT downloaded ANY patches, and you use Outlook Express, the chances of you being infected are about 89%.

You won't even KNOW it's been run, because it can be run even if you use the 'preview message' option.

So if you have IE 5.01 or below and have never patched it, you are probably infected.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-05-2002, 05:59 AM   #39
Zidane
Manshoon

Sir Goulum

I don't think so, at my place of work we run macs and pcs linked to one server for the emails, internet etc

When the love virus came out, the pcs all had it but us in the studio using macs were unaffected.

Most of these viruses are written solely for the pc, so the mac language would not recognise them,

If someone out there can tell me different I would be really grateful, I am going to scan my Mac NOW

Lady Zidane
Old 05-05-2002, 07:16 AM   #40
Zidane
Manshoon

I have just downloaded my latest virus def supdate, it is dated 1st May 2002

Have done a thorough scan of my mac and attached discs

Thank goodness it is not me

I'm clean

Lady Zidane