Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 11:24 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
A question:

Whats your favorite breed of dog?

A couple of rules first:

1) This inculdes dogs and only dogs.

2)Mixed breeds are alowwed for instance if somone says "I like the Blue Heeler/Border Collie mix" that is perfectly leagal

3) NO CATS. If you dont have somthing to say about dogs dont say anything.

4) NO WOLFS. Though they are cool they are NOT dogs.

My Favorite would be a German Shepard, Labs are cool too. BloodHounds are very cool also, but anoyying "Hoooowwwwlll" hehehe, anooying.

Post away!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-08-2001, 12:02 AM   #2
Moni

That is a hard decision for me to make since all of the dogs I have owned or had contact with were quality dogs in obedience, attitude, etc.

I'll list three since I can't chose any of of these as being any better than the other.

1)Alaskan Malamut
2)German Shephard
3)Golden Retriever

P.S. Don't be suprised if this thread gets moved over the the User Created Polls Forum.

I love dogs.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-08-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Well, I've been around many, many different breeds of dogs, and while I like them all to a certain degree, I would have to say that I do have my favorites:

1. Doberman Pincer
2. Golden Retriever
3. Leonberger
4. Rottweiller
5. Great Dane

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
Good guys CAN get the girl, if they only have a little patience!
Old 09-08-2001, 12:18 AM   #4
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Definately the Pit-bull Terrier!

I know this breed has gotten a bad wrap from the media, but before you begin to put it down, PLEASE hear what I have to say!

IT IS BAD OWNERS THAT MAKE BAD DOGS!!!!!!

The dog was never bred to attack humans, but to fight other dogs. A dog which showed aggression towards a human was considered bad breeding. The dogs had to be handled by many people in the course of a fight. (NO I HAVE NEVER FOUGHT DOGS!!!) Simply done my homework into the breed I love.

I have owned several in my lifetime, and I will go to bat for them to say that treated lovingly and intelligently, these are some of the best family dogs out there!

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 12:24 AM   #5
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

I know this breed has gotten a bad wrap from the media, but before you begin to put it down, PLEASE hear what I have to say!

The dog was never bred to attack humans, but to fight other dogs. A dog which showed aggression towards a human was considered bad breeding. The dogs had to be handled by many people in the course of a fight. (NO I HAVE NEVER FOUGHT DOGS!!!) Simply done my homework into the breed I love.

I have owned several in my lifetime, and I will go to bat for them to say that treated lovingly and intelligently, these are some of the best family dogs out there!

I will definitely agree with you on that. I've known several Pit-Bulls, and not a single one was ever anything like the media has played them up to be. Honestly, I've seen Black Labs be more agressive than the Pit Bull. It's all in how the owner treats the dog and trains it (or doens't train it).

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
Good guys CAN get the girl, if they only have a little patience!
Old 09-08-2001, 12:27 AM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

The last couple of dogs my folks have had have been black lab's and they have been pretty cool. Basenji and Malmute's are wicked too. And some of those bigger terriers are pretty cool.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:34 AM   #7
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
I will definitely agree with you on that. I've known several Pit-Bulls, and not a single one was ever anything like the media has played them up to be. Honestly, I've seen Black Labs be more agressive than the Pit Bull. It's all in how the owner treats the dog and trains it (or doens't train it).

Yes!!! Well said!
The love a pet needs is as important as leaving food out for it!!!!
There must be a healthy atmosphere or else strange
things will happen!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 12:36 AM   #8
Ratweed
Manshoon

Golden Retreiver
Jack Russel terrior
Labs

Goldens are best by far though
Old 09-08-2001, 12:36 AM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

I've known two pit bulls in my lifetime, both of them obedience trained and both of them seemingly good and mild dogs, owned by good people who readily admitted that they are unpredictable.
One approached me and sat down next to me and gave me a look that I read as "I can tear you to pieces and I'd enjoy every minute of it"
Just as I was cautiously stepping away, her owner (my brother-in-law) warned me that she had an instinctive mean streak and that I needed to keep my distance as long as I was in her territory (his back yard).
The second one I encountered while visiting a friend in his home. It lunged at my son's face for no obvious reason and was stopped a fraction of an inch short of sinking her teeth into him by her owner who had her on a chain and later admitted that as good a dog as she was, she was truly unpredictable, which is why he kept her on a chain whenever he had company.
Not knocking the breed you love, because they are faithful pets to their owners, but if you don't own them, you have reason to be wary of them!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-08-2001, 12:41 AM   #10
Moni

On an added note...I raised a Black Lab/Cocker Spaniel mix from a four week old pup to an adult. He was a great and friendly dog but if he thought he, I, or my son was being threatened in any way, he could look as vicious as any Pit when making his returned threats!
He looked like a mini lab with spaniel hair and was no taller than my knee but my Malamut had taught him how to show ALL his teeth to make a serious point!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-08-2001).]