Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 07:45 PM   #31
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Darth Maul kicked so much more arse then boba fett. All Boba did was transport the carbonated(lol) solo to Pizza the hut. I am aware he does more in books, but who cares...wen I think of Star Wars I think of the movies because they re-invented sci-fi action. In my opinion, if it didn't happen on the big screen it don't matter

That said Darth Yoda is the best.

------------------
I am YOUR omega.

Strider's Chambers
The Shadow Network
Old 05-09-2001, 05:36 AM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Love all the films. Big fan I am.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-09-2001, 07:00 AM   #33
dafan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Love all the films. Big fan I am.

but you must admit to that ep1 isn't in the same spirit as 4,5 and 6... 4,5 and 6 are masterpieces while 1 only is good

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 05-09-2001, 07:48 AM   #34
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Row Firecam:
Sarevok: No. I am your brother

By the way the best Star wars site is The Force.Net

I have posted on their discussion boards for 2 and a half year, it's a great place, though I'm taking a break from there for a while, I found you guys
Oh and thats a Banner I designed in a banner contest we had there

Great Job on the Banner, love it. And glad you joined us here. May the Force Be with you.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 05-09-2001, 08:03 AM   #35
Sir_Tainly

Become strong with knowledge of the films, have I.

Don't know about anyone else, but I eagerly awaiting the MMORPG from Sony/Lucasarts.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-09-2001, 11:23 AM   #36
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Black Isle is working on a SW game that uses the Infinty Engine, That is going to take place 1000 years before the OT. I want that now!

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother
Old 05-09-2001, 11:25 AM   #37
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Row Firecam:
Black Isle is working on a SW game that uses the Infinty Engine, That is going to take place 1000 years before the OT. I want that now!

Are you sure it uses the infinity engine, I didn't think it did. BI is dropping that engine for its new games as it has said it is not extensible enough, and the Starwars game isn't going to be out until 2002 or 2003

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-09-2001, 05:29 PM   #38
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Not sure, I read this almost a half a year ago I think, it was on BI's Website, I havn't heard much about it since.

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother
Old 05-10-2001, 12:08 AM   #39
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by dafan:
but you must admit to that ep1 isn't in the same spirit as 4,5 and 6... 4,5 and 6 are masterpieces while 1 only is good

The original trilogy is good but masterpiece it aint. Episode 1 invented a new genre. I call it "Fantacrap"

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:48 AM   #40
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by dafan:

Oh I don't know, the first trilogy got better as it went on and the myth unfolded. The first Star Wars was very much a kids film. I was a child when I saw it and loved it. Phantom Menace was orientated similarly. Yes Jar Jar
was the most annoying screen character I've endured, but the Obi Wan/Vader meeting was like seeing the past and future collide. I can't wait for the rest of the storyline. Vaders fall is a tragedy, but his redemtion in Jedi the stuff of legend. I will be very interested in the fall.

Yes the huge talent of the main actors in Ep1 was supressed, but then Star Wars was never a showcase of acting brilliance. Mark Hammill (sp) was not an Anthony Hopkins, and Harrison Ford apparently looks back on the whole trilogy with embaressment.

Despite all of this I love the mythical story of all the films and the sense of another detailed and ancient world that is conveyed. In Ep1 I loved the huge panoramic shots of the different planets as they approached. Same with the redone 1st trilogy when shots of Bespin and the capital were added in.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!