Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 11:04 PM   #11
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I don't know much about the M1. I think a one world government is the natural evolution of civilization ie: we started out as family groups, then small vilages, progressed to towns, city states, then to small confederations of city states, countries. although I think the next step will be contintal sp? confederations (NFTA) then finaly a one world government.
Personaly I was rooting for the Y2K and the total colapse of everthing, but you can't win them all.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:00 AM   #12
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Oh, thanks bocajacob!

bocajacob?!?!? what is this?? don't you know better than to confuse me like that. bocaj+jacob with using the same J. simply done but still confusing to look at.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 05-02-2001, 05:39 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
I don't know much about the M1. I think a one world government is the natural evolution of civilization ie: we started out as family groups, then small vilages, progressed to towns, city states, then to small confederations of city states, countries. although I think the next step will be contintal sp? confederations (NFTA) then finaly a one world government.
That would be scarey. The point is though, would it be effective, or a slave to the multinationals. Or would the one world govt. be a multinational company?

Eeew. 'Twelve Monkey' stuff indeed.
Old 05-02-2001, 05:43 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
bocajacob?!?!? what is this?? don't you know better than to confuse me like that. bocaj+jacob with using the same J. simply done but still confusing to look at.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-02-2001, 07:36 AM   #15
sylent
Emerald Dragon

There was a fair protest in Melbourne yesterday (or whatever day).
I don't think it was quite as bad as sydeny, there was not as much violence, but the front cover of the Herald Sun (its a newspaper, but its basically a magazine) claimed that $2 million damage had been done by the protestors. There was grafitti on a lot of shop fronts, and damage done to some sculptures. I think there was an estimated 6,000 people demonstrating.
I am not really close to the city, so it didn't really involve me that much, not directly anyway. The way it seems to me, the protestors, have not really done anything to contribute to the cause which they are supporting, because although they have got the attention of those concerned, it is not positive to deface property.

Thats just my two sense (or was it cents?)

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 05-02-2001, 07:37 AM   #16
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:

Are you smiling at your handywork or at me for getting confused?

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 05-02-2001, 10:10 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
Are you smiling at your handywork or at me for getting confused?

We're smiling at your sig, Drake, because it's smiling back at us.

------------------
Old 05-02-2001, 07:35 PM   #18
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Jo
Quote:
That would be scarey. The point is though, would it be effective, or a slave to the multinationals. Or would the one world govt. be a multinational company?

Eeew. 'Twelve Monkey' stuff indeed.
Did you ever see Rollerball with James Cann? That was the premis companies ruled everthing, but companies are like anything else run by mankind if the leadership is bad the results will be bad. I think it is the logical progression, I don't know if it is right or not just that it will happen one day. Hopefully long after this country boy, and family and friends have gone on to meet their Maker.

Old 05-03-2001, 06:49 AM   #19
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
We're smiling at your sig, Drake, because it's smiling back at us.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 05-03-2001, 11:30 AM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

Back to topic - In France, May 1st manifestations are traditional, but generally peaceful. This years were, anyway. This year's topic was the fact that several big companies (especially Danone, big dairy products French company) and Marks and Spencer announced at the same time recently that their profits had increased and that they were firing lots of people. Now, people have grudgingly accepted that a company should fire people when it was losing money, but that ! So a lot of people have started to boycott Danone products, and this boycott is supported by the politicians. This is a first ! And I find it very disturbing, because by supporting the boycott, they state that they have no solution to compell a company to behave in a socially and humanly acceptable way ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !