Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 11:13 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

After six months of trying to get Heart of Winter for Icewind Dale, I've managed to lay hands on it! Yeeeehaaaaa! !
Mind you, I had to buy it with IWD as a double pack - I'll give my old one to a mate of mine [img]smile.gif[/img] .
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Download TotL too! You need it becaues you're weak.

Hmm, can't remember what advert that was from now?

[ 10-01-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 10-01-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Yes, download Trials of the Lure Master too. It's a simple, easy to get through dungeon troll that any 5th level character could do.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:50 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

K, you have the cheek of the devil. 5th level indeed! The poor blighter will go wandering into it, oblivious to the danger, and get smacked back to Evereska for his troubles. Have you no shame?
Old 10-01-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
dominions
Elminster

Erm... (he glances at the 56K modem attach to his PC) I haven't got quite that much money to spend on my phone bill. I'll have to track down someone with broadband access [img]smile.gif[/img] .
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

dominions,

Congrats on getting HoW!

You have to pay by the minute for local access in England?

If you were here in the States, I'd say start the download before you hit the hay for the night, using some kind of free download management software (e.g., GoZilla!), and it should be there waiting for you when you get up in the morning.

[ 10-01-2002, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:55 PM   #7
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
K, you have the cheek of the devil. 5th level indeed! The poor blighter will go wandering into it, oblivious to the danger, and get smacked back to Evereska for his troubles. Have you no shame?
Ok. Maybe 6th level character! j/k I can only imagine how long a 5th level character would last in the Trials of the Lure Master! About 30 seconds?

Back on topic: However you can manage to download it, get Trials of the Lure Master.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by dominions:
Erm... (he glances at the 56K modem attach to his PC) I haven't got quite that much money to spend on my phone bill. I'll have to track down someone with broadband access [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Grab an AOL(for instance) CD, feed it your credit card and remember to cancel it within the month.

100 hours free internet. OR is it more now? Anyway, with a good download manager (getright works though AOL, pretty much anything will work if you get a proper ISP instead) you can just leave it on all night.