Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 08:02 PM   #21
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
my guess on the ship, it was landlocked before the copper coronet was built(makes sense, otherwise where would the water be?) then the sewers were built and the slave proably already had a deal w/ the proprieter they said "hey lets hide this a little there are already sewers under your building and my building let's connect them and fill them with hobogoblins and giant mushrooms
Because, as everyone knows, you can just run down to Giant Mushroom Hut™ and pick some of those puppies up for like 200gold each. Which, ironically enough, is owned by the place where the guy in the back of the Arena (copper coronet) got his Minotaur from, too. How else could you explain the thing being kept in a cage all day, and when it's finally released, it attacks YOU and not the person who beats him daily with a bullwhip? Leadership does not breed that kind of loyalty... it's only to be found at Monsters R Us™... nevermind the ogres in the Bridge district that beat their master to death, they came from our competitor... and you don't want that happening to YOU do you? Monsters R Us™ and Giant Mushroom Hut™, for when you care to send the very best.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #22
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There is a safe place--the Government District. Apart from freeing Viconia (which is optional), the Deril estate (also optional), and the occasional random Vampire attack (which can happen anywhere), there's not a single enemy to be found. It would be so quite and restful--if only there was an Inn.

How many of you can name or locate a normal home inhabited by one or more normal persons who are not connected with any quest? I can name....ah.....TWO.

(On the subject of the bizarre and unreasonable, nothing beats a gang of Illithid trying to take over a human city by locking themselves into the sewers and giving the only key to a Half-Ogre on the other end of Amn. Oh, and for some reason they make a habit of giving little Gnomish girls brain diseases and letting the whole flippin' world know who's in on "the secret.")
Old 02-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #23
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

(On the subject of the bizarre and unreasonable, nothing beats a gang of Illithid trying to take over a human city by locking themselves into the sewers and giving the only key to a Half-Ogre on the other end of Amn. Oh, and for some reason they make a habit of giving little Gnomish girls brain diseases and letting the whole flippin' world know who's in on "the secret.")
It explains why their plan to tke over Athkatla never really came to fruition...

"Who's got the key?"
Old 02-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #24
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

actually i think they were locked in there so the new owner of the key can enact his own plans to own Amn. how scared of mind flayers do you think a dragon would be ?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:50 AM   #25
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Personally, I am more disturbed by what I don't see.

I am convinced there are vampires or something naaaaaasty in the Five Flagons Playhouse. I see people go down the stairs all the time, but, nobody ever comes back up. I never see them again. Distresses my Bard something fierce. Maybe he should have hired that witchdoctor to end the curse.

I have yet to find any midwives. How are children born? Want to know what I think? I think all of Athkatla is a giant farm where people grow out of pods... There is something mysterious about the city. Ever notice that the cats can talk and call the guards? If you break into a home looking for loot, look out for the kitties! They can call the guard and tell everybody what you did and your reputation plunges. Ever noticed how all the encounters with slaver mobs between maps are all marked indoors? I think there is a plot afoot. Sure looks like it's outside to me, but, you can't call no lightning.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:14 PM   #26
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

my biggest problem with the Anthlaktans or maybe all of the people of Amn I'm not sure, they're ruled by six people who get to sit on thier big butts all day and every once in awhile ban magic or some such foolishness.
Who does that?
an example
Bob:So Jonny have you heard about the new ruler.
J:What there's a new ruler.
B: well that's the rumor cause you know noone knows who the council is, supposedly one died.
J:Which one?
B:How would i know?
J:Well you know one died. Your proably intrviewing for the job.
Bnervously) What makes you think that?
J:OMG!? You are interviewing.
suddenly a group of Cowls telports in and blows Jonny to kingdom come and telports away.
Brummages through what's left of Jonny's pockets)