Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #61
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
What makes them terrorists? Hanging out in a warzone, carrying a gun, as Sir Krustin put it, Doesn't sound very terroristy. Most armies tend to do that. What did this Hicks character do against the civilian populace?
He allied himself with a terrorist organization (the taliban) that was partly responsible for the 9-11 attacks, just because he happened to be fighting a defensive war against the coalition doesn't mean he's not a terrorist.

[ 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]
Old 11-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #62
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
From all the discussion, i assume that any coalition servicemen who were captured (i dont know if any were), you would be perfectly happy for them to still be detained in Afghanistan? as it has been pointed out, the war on terror is not over!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #63
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
From all the discussion, i assume that any coalition servicemen who were captured (i dont know if any were), you would be perfectly happy for them to still be detained in Afghanistan? as it has been pointed out, the war on terror is not over!
The few servicemen that are captured, if in fact there are any at all, are usually beheaded straight away. At least the coalition has the decency to take prisoners.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #64
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

The 'war on terror' could possibly never be over. The war against the Taliban that David Hicks was captured during, however, is over.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #65
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Said it 2 years, and saying it again.

Charge him, try him, and lock him away for a time comensurate with the crime.

OR

Charge him, try him, and let him go if you can't find something that will stick.

It's time to crap or get off the pot [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 AM   #66
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
The 'war on terror' could possibly never be over. The war against the Taliban that David Hicks was captured during, however, is over.
Far from that, they are regrouping as we speak. They get new recruits every day, coming in from Pakistan. The Taliban is here to stay.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #67
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
What makes them terrorists? Hanging out in a warzone, carrying a gun, as Sir Krustin put it, Doesn't sound very terroristy. Most armies tend to do that. What did this Hicks character do against the civilian populace?
He allied himself with a terrorist organization (the taliban) that was partly responsible for the 9-11 attacks, just because he happened to be fighting a defensive war against the coalition doesn't mean he's not a terrorist. [/QUOTE]Unless he personally did something to bring about the world trade center terrorist attack, he is not guilty of it. And you can't indefinitely detain someone for being on the wrong side.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #68
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

We are still fighting in Afghanistan, ostensibly against Taliban/Al Qeada forces.

Taking the "If he didn't personally do something, he's not responsible" would go a long way to saying that only the guys on the planes were terrorists. The Taliban is a terrorist organization, as is Al Queada(sp). Just what are we supposed to think members of these organizations are, innocent bystanders? I guess perspective is everything, but in reply to the capture of Coalition forces, Johnny is spot on, they seldom live to make it to a cell, and if they do, they die there. Reporters aren't safe, not even reporters from their own countries, if they actually claim any, what makes any one think that they are going to even give troops a second thought in regard to the Geneva Conventions. I guess the simple solution would be to take no prisoners from the battlefield. Just kill 'em all there, and use a bulldozer to bury them. After all, it would be far more humane than allowing them to live in prison, or to take the Militant Muslim route, of capture, and then video tape beheadings. :shrug:
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #69
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Said it 2 years, and saying it again.

Charge him, try him, and lock him away for a time comensurate with the crime.

OR

Charge him, try him, and let him go if you can't find something that will stick.

It's time to crap or get off the pot [img]smile.gif[/img]
If it is a case of just not having any evidence to convict him Davros then it should send some CIA agents to Ironworks because a few people on this board seem to know for sure what happened! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #70
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I do know, from the articles that have been posted here, and in another place, that he was captured on a battlefield, engaging Coalition forces. While fighting on a battle field does not qualify as terrorism, it does qualify one for enemy combatant, and POW. POW's, afterall, are enemy troops that are captured during/after a battle.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote