Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 11:43 AM   #51
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:
Hiya,

Hmm, someone mentioned that new members tend to act up a bit, but to be honest, I've seen this more with people who have been around for a while. This is both on and off the forum though, the way I've seen some people act is pretty strange, though I know we all have our moments at times.

Scronan

IW definately has a very unique atmosphere, to my mind. I personally think that there are some of the older members of the board who take offence to some of the newer ones presence occasionally. What I mostly mean is that people who have been here a while get to know what they can say and what they can't. I have lost count of the amount of times where I have had second thoughts about posting my opinion, and I know others (from all over the spectrum) have done so to. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think it explains your idea Scronan. The people who have been here for ages tend to dictate what is acceptable. I have no major problem with that as it keeps the board calm, but it is interesting to note. And I will also say that this is not attacking any people, I do not consider this a bad thing. Just worthy of note, that is all.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:09 PM   #52
Melusine
Dracolisk

I have only one thing to say:

I think it's time for a

GROUP HUG!!

Old 01-31-2002, 12:25 PM   #53
MagiK

:::Shuffles over and tries for a one on one hug with Mel:::

Old 01-31-2002, 04:07 PM   #54
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

*peeks in* Peekabo ppl!

Heyas Daniel (pssst. don't tell anyone else but only wonderful special ppl tend to get named Daniel, I should know *noddz* all the Daniels I know are great! and I bet you are too ~beaming~)

Sir Scronan>> ~waves madly~ hiya! Sorry I didn't reply to ur e-mail but I didn't feel there was anything I could say *sad look* saweeee... did you mind?

*looking around* I see Vas is still up to his old tricks *gglz* ~ruffles Vas's hair~ I'm sure no one is pointing any fingers at u hun *huggles* besides.. you gotta concentrate on your work! *pretends I can talk and have been doing work* ~nose in air~ like me! *posh drawl* now I am a perfect specimin of a hard working student who totally understands what the aim of my LED coursework is *winkz* watch and learn! ~sashays around posing and trying to look clever~ *gglz* ~drops the act~ btw see what I mean about your actions speaking louder than your words? I saw you helping someone with their maths I did ~noddz~ *blows u a kiss* extremely nice of u!

Ack! *suddenly remembers my exercises on complex numbers and diagonalization and Power series I have yet to do which are in for tomorrow* oh no! ~groanz~ all those (i)s make me dizzy! Why do I have to prove that sinh(A+B)=sinhAcoshB-sinhBcoshA from sin(A+B=sinAcosB+sinBcosA?!!! I mean isn't it obvious?! ~poutz~ toodles ppl nose back on grindstone time....
Old 01-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #55
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I have only one thing to say:

I think it's time for a

GROUP HUG!!

LS gets confused and 'accidentally' cuddles instead of hugs

wuv all of you :-*

Old 01-31-2002, 04:22 PM   #56
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

~gglz~ *squealz in delight* did someone mention a group hug?!!! ~delighted~ Ohhhh I just can't resist!! *runs around tugging on ppls hands and drawing them towards each other* now!! ONE... TWO... THREE... (oh and no accidental gropes u guys *stern look around*) ~hugest ever huggles for everyone!!!~ *beaming*
Old 01-31-2002, 06:04 PM   #57
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
*peeks in* Peekabo ppl!

Heyas Daniel (pssst. don't tell anyone else but only wonderful special ppl tend to get named Daniel, I should know *noddz* all the Daniels I know are great! and I bet you are too ~beaming~)

Sir Scronan>> ~waves madly~ hiya! Sorry I didn't reply to ur e-mail but I didn't feel there was anything I could say *sad look* saweeee... did you mind?

*looking around* I see Vas is still up to his old tricks *gglz* ~ruffles Vas's hair~ I'm sure no one is pointing any fingers at u hun *huggles* besides.. you gotta concentrate on your work! *pretends I can talk and have been doing work* ~nose in air~ like me! *posh drawl* now I am a perfect specimin of a hard working student who totally understands what the aim of my LED coursework is *winkz* watch and learn! ~sashays around posing and trying to look clever~ *gglz* ~drops the act~ btw see what I mean about your actions speaking louder than your words? I saw you helping someone with their maths I did ~noddz~ *blows u a kiss* extremely nice of u!

Ack! *suddenly remembers my exercises on complex numbers and diagonalization and Power series I have yet to do which are in for tomorrow* oh no! ~groanz~ all those (i)s make me dizzy! Why do I have to prove that sinh(A+B)=sinhAcoshB-sinhBcoshA from sin(A+B=sinAcosB+sinBcosA?!!! I mean isn't it obvious?! ~poutz~ toodles ppl nose back on grindstone time....

Why...does...my...head...hurt?
Old 01-31-2002, 06:24 PM   #58
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:

Why...does...my...head...hurt?

I know - frightening isn't it? she's right though - that equation is obvious - odd that an exam would test it

Old 01-31-2002, 07:26 PM   #59
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

IW definately has a very unique atmosphere, to my mind. I personally think that there are some of the older members of the board who take offence to some of the newer ones presence occasionally. What I mostly mean is that people who have been here a while get to know what they can say and what they can't. I have lost count of the amount of times where I have had second thoughts about posting my opinion, and I know others (from all over the spectrum) have done so to. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think it explains your idea Scronan. The people who have been here for ages tend to dictate what is acceptable. I have no major problem with that as it keeps the board calm, but it is interesting to note. And I will also say that this is not attacking any people, I do not consider this a bad thing. Just worthy of note, that is all.

Hi Barry,

Well, I understand what you have said and that makes sense as to what I've mostly seen here, but I have seen some senior members act up and it totally surprised me that what they did was tolerated.

Being very honest here, I can play the devil's advocate and say that yes a new person may act up if they don't know the rules, but conversely they may be on the extra polite side since they are trying to fit in.

And the other side of the coin is, a more senior member may tend to act out of character and this may be tolerated since they are well known and respected on the board.

So I think the moral is, new folks and old folks alike, we all need to remind ourselves to keep things in check now and then. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan
Old 01-31-2002, 07:37 PM   #60
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Slackerboi, are you referring to me or the maths? *winkz* if it helps at all, whenever I put ** or ~~ around words, that usually indicates an action I'm taking/making. I'll try and tone it down if you find it impossible to understand *grynz*... on the other hand.. if it's the maths you mean.. ~shruggz~ can't help u there..I'm just coming to grips with all this odd stuff myself ~makes a face a bemoans the fact I'm a useless lil' gurlie who just isn't cut out for all this thinking~ *gglz* ~winkz~

Lord Shield... I dunno... it's just a rule I got taught by my teachers *grimace* we never proved it or anything till now and I never questioned it. Guess I'm a bit of a sheep and just blindly follow.

Scronan *S* talk to me? hello? ~waves~