Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 04-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #31
ArmpitLint
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I was checking out Biowares web site and version 1.67 has moved past Beta 3. The bad news is that there's a Beta 4 version now instead of a final version. Booooooooo....
ArmpitLint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #32
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, I was surprised about that, but hey, thats good, cuz I'll give me time to make MORE goodies! Muhahahha

Expect some MASSIVE weapons. (Some may look twice as big as Your character)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #33
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Give us a hint, Ziroc...

With this new hakpack, will we need:
  • our level 40 munchkin uber-characters, or
  • a brand new, fresh-out-of-the-Academy, ink-still-wet on his Undermountain contract, beginner character
to enjoy the shiny new items this hakpack will provide? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
javan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #34
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Either really. I have many new things for all levels! Something World of Warcraft doesn't do btw. (They only have new stuff for lvl 60 folks) which is boring [img]smile.gif[/img] New stuff for ALL I say!

Old 04-21-2006, 12:08 AM   #35
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Will we be able to get some teaser shots of upcoming areas, monsters, and devices? Since it seems that Bioware is putting your work on hold, I would love to see what is awaiting us in the next update of the Undermountain. I also would like to know what some of the new items are in text format, not to mention some of the new enemies and/or realms we have to look forward to. I do realize I am asking for a lot in this, but I figure I just put the request out there now instead of later.

Any word from Bioware why they have gone to four Beta builds for the latest patch? I do not believe I have heard of them going to this extent before. Makes me think I'll have to hit up the websites for the PRC and the CEP to see what they have to say about all of these developments. I am sure that someone out there is about as frustrated as I am with all this waiting for the latest Bioware patch. It manages to put a host of other projects on hold due to their not having a final patch out yet. Oh well, such is free online play.

On the subject of tilesets, is it possible to change an entire level that you are working on by simply having a tileset change? I do not know if you have to manually redo the level one section at a time, or if you can actually swap tilesets and make a whole new construction out of the previous one. (exampli gratias: changing a giant crater in the icy regions of The Spine Of The World to a huge dustbowl in forboding Al-Qadim by going from Arctic tileset to Desert tileset.)

One armor I would definitely like to see is the following one:
Adamantine Armour Against Aggravated Alliteration
as sweetly created by Greything. (yes, I still remember that post.)
perhaps making it an antimagic chainmail with damage reduction and Immunity to Harm and Sneak Attack? just me thinking aloud, so there'd have to be some restructions to it, or make that version somewhat weaker in some areas and stronger in others. (weaknesses to fire and lightning, strengths against piercing and slashing)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=8;t=000811
(where I am getting a lot of this from...)

Quote:
By Greything (seriously!) quite a while back (in September)
Swords are just sharpened crowbars so it would be nice to have to have a real weapon.
On that note, I would love to see the following: bokken, tonfa, and a few iron clubs, not to mention a magical crowbar. (sure it is not high fantasy, but some of us just like the idea of beating our foes to a insignificant puddle of sorcerous protoplasm.) I know there are basic ones out there, but I am sure some magical ones could be found somewhere inside of the Undermountain (or in some of the new places we are going to be travelling to).

New double-weapons, flails, and dwarven axes will be nice. I would not mind making a flail-wielding weaponmaster if they had something comparable to Valas' Warhammer or the Drow Mace Of Hellfire. Maybe something along the lines of [unique]Khuvira Broodhul's Jingling Swinging Giantkiller. It would go nicely along with [rare]Settlestone Wheatshearer Scythe and [unique]Elven Twin-Headed Skullcrusher Of Myth Drannor. Now, that is just me making up names, but hte general idea would be more choices for weaponmasters and other such brawling types.

(Crafting new looks for weapons and armor is fun...)

~~~
~~~

Okay, something else I was pondering: tweaking.

What I mean is that for some of the numerous armors and items, is it possible to give them a little more punch in game and then place suitable limitations on them? For example, some of the longswords to be given a little extra damage or magical properties, at the cost of them not being available to some racial/character classes? (like that sword that Teri-Sha possesses. giving it a little more damage and hit capacity, but then make it only available to good aligned characters with fighter or cleric classes.) especially items with "Dwarven" or "Elven" in the title. Would make for a few minor and major changes in the way people build up their characters. It was suggested in the last major thread like this, and it does make considerable sense. A hassle to go through all the various weapons, armors, and items already in play to be sure - that would be the main drawback.

With all the new items and such which would be coming out, it would mean a completely new influx of combat strategies - enough to make a little manual out of.

Oh, something completely minor: more light gem crystals available at stores. I wouldn't mind being able to purchase the blue or the green glowing crystals. I just like the light effects.

[ 04-21-2006, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
Vaeleth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I have this little tiny request. What I'm missing on this mod (though maybe I'm just not loooking hard enough) is a good kickass scythe. This being because I have a new character specialized in scythes and the merchants on lvl 12 and 13 don't have any scythes I get scared of. Though it still remains a scary sight to see my character Grim Reaper, looks alone don't cut it. And before I forget: are there rapiers out there with a better enhancement than +8? And what about this armour I heard about that negates all creature's immunity to criticals? I know, a lot of questions asked, but the main thing is the scythe... There should just be one scythe (possibly extreamly hard to get) that makes every baddie from Waterdeep to the Underdark crap their pants!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #37
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Welcome, firstly...Have you seen the ones on lvl 4? There are a couple of dropped ones there, and in other levels, that aren't that bad.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #38
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

(Ahem) May... [img]smile.gif[/img] (Figured the patch would come out sooner) no worries. few more days!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:53 PM   #39
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Scythes... no, cannot think of any good ones really. Then again, I have never gone looking for them. (remember: the nagamaki are under scythe as a weapon type.) Best rapiers (so far) are the Fiery Rapier +8 and the Darksinger's Rapier +7 (which you have to fight for inside of the Drow Proving Grounds). If anyone would know about the scythes though, it'd be RTB and Dace. I am sure some really lethal merchandise will be coming soon though. My favourite weapons, though, are the Ancient Dagger Of Shadow +9 and the Drow Dark Dagger +10. I haven't used the Drow Light Flail +9 yet to any extent. I need to make a few more characters with Weapon Master levels to experiment more with the flails (light and heavy) as well as the maces (light only, as the heavy mace is CEP).

When it comes to scythes, I have never tried to make a character useing them. Same comes to both kinds of flails. I have heard they can be more effective than greatswords in the hands of certain characters, but I have never gone about trying out the plans myself.

[ 05-01-2006, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

And Bodhis' Scythe I believe on the Haunted Isle..