Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-25-2003, 05:53 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

[Possible spoilers ahead!]
Does anyone know a way to kill the priestess Lysa(?) in the glacia fortress in section 2 of the game? She's gone ethereal (after breaking her staff of power) and can hit me, but I can't hit her. I've tried using a blink spell as this, as a by-product, is supposed to blink you into the ethereal, but it hasn't worked.

It's driving me mad!

Also, I can't get the hang of the pedestal which opens the other doors.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

you mean priestess oria. Shes gone into her own personal slice of the ethereal plane. Go into the games room (south of level 2) and set if for inner sanctum. Turn it on and kick ass.

The pedestal is simple enough.Click each side to turn it in the directions specified. IIRC, the only codes you need are the abishai lair (I dont think you actualy need that one) and the anti-magic field.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:14 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Apart from the Lair and the Anti-Magic Field, the Dais also opens the door to the study of one of the three High Priestesses, which contains a few spell scrolls, IIRC. If it sais on a door for example 'L NW - R SW', you first need to stand on the left side of the Dais and turn it until it sais that the thing is facing northwest, and then you have to stand on the right side and turn it until it's facing southwest. Nathaniel can tell you how to position the Dais in order to lift the Anti-Magic Field, but he doesn't know which side (left or right) to turn first. But that's easy enough to find out for yourself, 50% chance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
dominions
Elminster

I'll go and give it a try in a sec.

Cheers! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
Old 03-25-2003, 10:45 AM   #5
Debaser

Yeah, once you pull that Inner Sanctum crank she is pretty damn easy (at least I didn't have too much trouble with her...I slaughtered her on my very first try)
Old 03-25-2003, 11:32 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Secret tip: if you've done the Battle Squares, use the Club of Disruption on Oria once she goes ethereal.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:10 AM   #7
dominions
Elminster

Done it! I left my halfling rogue in the game room and proceeded to attack Oria with the rest of my party. After she broke her Staff of Power, I paused the game, switched over to my halfling, and activated the Inner Sanctum switch.
Oria gleefully told me she's invincible & that she's going to kill me slowly. I simply Magic Missile'd her to death in one round

[ 03-26-2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: dominions ]