Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 03:45 AM   #11
KittyGal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Deleted everything I found with my search for bg, and baldur

Still not working... Says "Install" on Autorun, but then starts up uninstall process...
Old 06-19-2001, 04:06 AM   #12
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Ok first of all this should probably be in the general discussion isnce its a technical thing. but anyway.

I think something that might help is a program like Norton Utilities. Its the fastest safest way to remove registry entries. There are other programs that you can get in magazines that will do the same thing. Im just not as familiar with them as I am with Norton.

If you havent gota registry editing program that will search automaticly for invalid entries i highly reccomend you get one. If youve had your computer for a year or two there are probably Hundreds of invalid entries. This can cause major problems because your cpu is scanning the hard drive and finding crap that shouldnt be in the registry and not only will it slow your computr down to rung through all the invalid stuff it can cause your computer to crash just like removing an important entry will.

You can download a trial version for free from a site like (i hope this doesnt make any moderators mad but Im just trying to help) www.tucows.com I think ZDNET
also has this program and im sure each site has dozens of others that are in competition with norton.

Get one.

If you get the norton utilities the first thing you want to run is WINDOCTOR. this is the program that will clean your registry. Always choose to fix the problem yourself and then -- most of the time but not always --- delete the invalid registry. If youve moved a file from, lets say, my docs to program ffiles you wont want to delete that registry entry, youll want to fix it to read the correct location of it.

Immediatly run the optimization wizard and it will do it then reboot and then automaticly run speed disc, which is like doing a defrag but better and more effective since you can determine who you want to sort your files, by date week month ect., of last access. so that the programs you use most often will be at the start of your hard drive.

Also, this is sort of back tracking and should have been written first, let it finish uninstalling as you try to install it.

Get a registry editing program anyway.

If you have any further questions id be more than happy to help.
Email me at earthdog_65@hotmail.com

Hope it helped.... good luck

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 04:08 AM   #13
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

sorry one thing i forgot to ask: did you go to control panel and then to add/remove programs and uninstall it from there??

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 04:31 AM   #14
KittyGal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried but it failed, so I did it manually, thats what caused the problem.
Old 06-19-2001, 04:41 AM   #15
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Then if i were you id go get Norton Utilities or something. i know there are otehr programs out there that will do the same thing but i have Norton and i trust it......... i use it just about everyday just to keep my PC running in top shape.

Im sure if you got something that auto searches the registry it would solve your problem.

Other than that the only thing i can think of is to reformat and thats a pain because you lose everything on your hard drive. So id get norton and try that first.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #16
KittyGal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did the registry thing manually, and then I used norton, and it starts autorun with "Install" and then when I start the install process is goes to "Are you sure you want to completely remove the selected components" or something... Any ideas? I might just reformat my computer.... :>