Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 08:43 AM   #1
Gil-Galad
The Magister

OK...OK,OK....OK...DISAPOINTED!!!!!!!

I don't get the xp's that I should for monsters. I only get for just about a third of them. The text will say, for example, "Balor-death", "Firkraag-death"....waiting for xp...waiting...still waiting..., but no xp reward whatsoever! In a battle I will get xp for some of the monsters, none for others. REEEEALLY FRUSTRATING! I get all the xp from scrolls, traps, locks, quests and so on. Can it have anything to do with summoned monsters, so that you don't get xp for what they are doing? Or what??!!?!
It may have started around the time I installed the xpcap remover, but when I un-, and reinstalled the game, the same problem occurs......weird.
Does anybod know of this bug?
And by the way, I can't download the patch, as I don't have internet at home - sh*t!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:47 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is true.

You will not get any XPs for enemies that your summoned monsters slay. You also won't get XPs for enemies slain by traps that you've set. Sorry.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

You don't???
Shit, that's a bummer!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-18-2001, 09:02 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

you also wont get any XP for alt+y kills. you do have the engpatch???

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

no XP for alt-y is pretty obvious Hoggie!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-18-2001, 09:38 AM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

its not the exp cap, as i still get a pretty good amount of experience (more than you petty mortals can handle). perhaps it is the summoned creatures (yes, of course its the summoned creatures...).

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 10:56 AM   #7
TheDutkanator

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?!! I know I didn't do anything to my game, and I get ALL the experience from kills made by my summoned monsters! Wait, there is 1 exception. Demons. If you summon any kind of demon, you don't get the experience for those kills. The reason for this is because the demons aren't under your control. They can't be controlled! A controlled summoned monster WILL give you experience (eg. an elemental). Hasn't anyone else ever noticed this? I've played through the game start to finish a couple times. I play it every day at work for 2-3 hours. That's 10-15 hours at work, PLUS 2-5 hours everyday at home, that's 14-35 hours, total=24-50 hours each week. I think I would know by now that my summoned elementals and other controlled monsters DO GIVE EXP. BTW, I checked this before officially posting just to make sure I wasn't talking out my arse.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 06-18-2001, 11:08 AM   #8
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by TheDutkanator:
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?!! I know I didn't do anything to my game, and I get ALL the experience from kills made by my summoned monsters! Wait, there is 1 exception. Demons. If you summon any kind of demon, you don't get the experience for those kills. The reason for this is because the demons aren't under your control. They can't be controlled! A controlled summoned monster WILL give you experience (eg. an elemental). Hasn't anyone else ever noticed this? I've played through the game start to finish a couple times. I play it every day at work for 2-3 hours. That's 10-15 hours at work, PLUS 2-5 hours everyday at home, that's 14-35 hours, total=24-50 hours each week. I think I would know by now that my summoned elementals and other controlled monsters DO GIVE EXP. BTW, I checked this before officially posting just to make sure I wasn't talking out my arse.
Well...I've definitely experienced it differently. Here's what I've found. If I summon creatures and they destroy an enemy all by themselves (without *any* help from me) then I don't get any XPs. Now...if I get a couple of shots in (even one arrow is sufficient) and then sit back and let my summoned creatures whallop the enemy...I will get XPs. So, basically, if I participate at all (no matter how little...1 hp in damage is enough), then I'm getting XPs. If I don't, then I don't get squat.

Here's an example...

I put one of those mind-control collars on an Admantium golem upon entering Suldanessar. I then had him bash everything that he could find all by himself. XPs for my party = 0 for all of those kills. When I had a character tail the charmed golem and hit an enemy that he was in the process of pounding (then go back invisible) I got XPs when the charmed golem destroyed the enemy.

I don't know how your game works, but that's how mine works...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-18-2001, 02:17 PM   #9
Volourn
Manshoon

Here's my experience with this. I get ALL xp from my summoned monsters that defeat creatures. However, with charmed monsters you get none unless you get the killing blow.

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:04 PM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

My efreeti killed the shadow dragon and I got the experience.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!