Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-11-2001, 03:07 PM   #11
Kalgrog

First. Jon, brillant work.

I'm not so sure why his simple statements brought on your post, but then I could sense a sort of history of remarks you referred to in yours. Nice writing though!

Paladins have their upsides, just as do necromancers. You can't truly believe that paladins rule supreme for the good, yet there is no opposing opposite to counteract them. Necromancers, I'm not sure in BG2, are just as powerful as paladins. If you ever played EverQuest then you know the true power of a lvl 50+ necro, which more often than not can obliterate a paladin of equal ranking. Anyway, there is always a balance to things in the universe and nature. Just because you or I cannot always see it, it is there.

Devils and angels are one and the same. It just depends on who is worshipping them. (nice line I halfway remember from a movie)

Old 01-11-2001, 03:11 PM   #12
Kalgrog

I was born in April too. Hmm. Strange. My date is probably before you fellas though (in the month, not in years for Jon maybe).

Old 01-11-2001, 03:12 PM   #13
Jon the Hell Caster

Well lets make a new topic about Paladins and Necromancers? Go check it out!

Old 01-11-2001, 03:13 PM   #14
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

hey rikard some people who will remain unnamed () have dragged up my first post!
*sniff* you know, the one we alll had that huge bloody fight...... and i became addicted to caps lock....
Old 01-12-2001, 01:50 AM   #15
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Really?
Danm i don't think people will know that is me
or ehm
what is my name there?
BTW ehm Jon
i wanne help improve your site
so
Fourm should be Forum
belt of srengt should be belt of strength
Old 01-13-2001, 03:00 AM   #16
Aurum
Manshoon

Paladins you scary Rikard T'Aranaxz, poor.
Old 01-13-2001, 08:47 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sorry for barging in on your little session here.. have seen some of your arguments earlier at this post and well I just had to write something..

1. Paladins are good in AdoD world cause the word Paladin stands for it, the first real soldiers named paladins were of the Karl The Greats army a Swedish King who fought in a religious war against Catholics, hence a religious conection. Paladins are the strong arm of the faith of good ones, In adod 3:ed you can read that paladins are always lawful Good but can serve any good who is considered good. Paladins and Adod is fantasy and fiction, ie fun...
Paladins have ther counterparts in Unholy reavers and Antipaladins, also more described in 3:ed and yes you can play as them.. So far not saying that in real life they are or not, that is always defined by thoose who wins, they write the storybooks..

2. Lawful Good is a crusader, doing what needs be done in name of good and law, but that is also to be defined, law, justice, good to smite evil in any way..

3. Rangers are abit set aside from the normal bias of good/evil, they are serving nature, good stands more for not harming and disrupting natures work, evil stands for killing thoose disturbing nature, though an evil ranger would never party with you in a city as well as an evil shadow druid would..
Hence to have a ranger in your party he has to be good if to venture with others since he more or less dislikes all other party then predatory animals...

4. As to Jon, hehe, your post was to long for me LOL.. As to the morale bias, good vs evil deabte.. There is nothing one can say or write that will ever do a difference cause people who believes will believe what they want, and their actions can be evil in others way, it is up to each person to find a way to define evuil/good or whatever for himself and be true to yourself..

Well hope you continue this discussion cause its a good one!
Old 01-13-2001, 06:48 PM   #18
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

are you claiming i am scared of paladins?

I am not they just stinkt
big time
chaotic good will rule
all law must go away
for people to be truly good
not becoz they have to
but becoz they want to
Old 01-13-2001, 08:26 PM   #19
Armisael

Yer starting to sound like a dictator, Rik... now how boring would the world be if everyone was 'good'? Variety is the spice of life, to quote Viconia.

Old 01-13-2001, 10:53 PM   #20
Azuth

Noone is good in the game no matter what the alignments say. Spolier may follow.
s
h
h
h
d
dh
dh
dh
in the Sanguin City, you have to help them become strong agin or doom them both evil opions because if you help them they kill saliors, coastal towns and Sea Elves or dooming a city when you could help is evil. or if you kill them all your still evil for destorying a city.