Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-25-2002, 04:17 PM   #21
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Lady G, "mother", please dont pat my cheek, *finches* its slightly disturbing, *looks around nervously* lol, besides, *grin* ever since you smacked me at that wedding thing, I've kinda been nervous of you *grin* so for the sake of my nerves, I'd appreciate it if you didn't pat me. *grin* well, maybe on the top of my head but... erm, I'm only jesting btw. *grin, smile* great work, please post some more? thanks.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 06:43 PM   #22
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Galadria smiled happily in reply. "Well, to start out, you literally can't lie to Attalus. He can always tell. So, I worked out that speech in advance. I was afraid that he would insist on fighting your lover, but I should have known that he wouldn't want to harm the father of your child. Now if Odo will just get here and distract him before he gets to thinking about it and asking questions..."
Luckily, Odo and Cythera arrived the next day. They were longtime friends who had shared many of their adventures, but they preferred to live at their estate in the country, Rosetree. Odo was a short, dark-haired man with a pleasant smile that belied his hugely developed muscles. He had a grip that would crack rocks, Attalus used to say after one of his handshakes. Cythera was petite and blonde, lovely in a dark yellow silk dress that enhanced her peaches-and-cream complexion. Their arrival, as usual, was boisterously welcomed with much embracing and kissing among the women. Odo and Attalus, after suitable greetings were exchanged, slipped off to the basement to have a glass of wine and a private word.
"So," the stocky man offered as Attalus poured the wine, "little Em is pregnant, eh? And won't say who the father is? Oh, well, it's probably for the best. If he's not man enough to stick around and care for his child, he can't be worth much."
Attalus handed his friend a brimming beaker of a golden wine from Calimsha. "My feelings exactly," he responded. "If Noemi wants to raise her child alone, well, there is no better place than here. But I told Gal that I don't want her to get too involved or attached. After all, Noemi might just decide to take off with this fellow if he changes his mind. Gal is in a rare taking, though. It seems like becoming an aunt is the biggest thing in the world."
Odo looked at the blonde giant quizzically. "Of course, Gal is excited. It's her only sister, and Helm knows that they're close enough. Cythera was just wild when she got that lettter. Nothing would do but we had to pack up and leave right away. Women look at these things differently, old boy." He took a deep drink of his wine. "Ah, that definitely helps the situation. I've been dry for the last ten miles, but Cyth wouldn't hear of stopping at an inn, with us so close. She just had to get here. You and I had better make ourselves scarce for the next little while. They'll be talkiung all sorts of momma-and-baby things. Cyth has already brought some things for the nursery."
Attalus grunted. "They won't even know that we have gone. Come on, I've got a new horse that I want you to see."

Galadria led the women to the roof, where they relaxed on couches and shared the news excitedly. Cythera immediately cornered Noemi. "So, love, tell me everything. Who was this man that got you pregnant? You must have told me a dozen times that you weren't interested in having children. He must have been something special to sweep you off your feet like that. And, where is he? Is he such a coward that he can't face your family and friends? Odo wanted to find him and give him a beating, but I told him not to be ridiculous."
Noemi was blushing and squirming under this questioning. "Well, Cyth, it was kind of a one night stand. I was feeling needy, and he was right there." She shot a look at Galadria, who was closely listening. "He was awfully cute," she went on, with a sigh, "So tall, dark, and handsome. I'm sure that he would have swept anyone off her feet, as you say."
Galadria looked at her sister crossly. "Oh, hush up, Em. Cyth has to know." she turned to her blonde friend. "Cyth, through some means that we can't understand, this baby is both mine and Noemi's. We held a ceremony, and Tres confirmed it. Oh, and also, we finally found out who our father is...."
Cythera broke in with a puzzled look on her lovely face.. "What do you mean, both of yours? How can that be? You are both women. You say that Tres confirmed it? What happened, anyway?"
Galadria started to answer, but her sister cut in. "Let me answer that, Gal. It was all my doing. Cyth, about two months ago, I woke up from a nightmare, you know the ones, I've told you about them. I was a prisoner again, and Smaractus was gloating over me. He told me that Gal was dead, and that I would never be free, because nobody else cared enough to rescue me. I woke up crying and trembling, so I went and got Gal to lie down with me. She was nice, as usual, and did. And, as you know, I turned up pregnant.
"And all she did was touch you?" Cythera cried in disbelief, "How is that? Cho, what do you think?" she asked the drow priestess, who had been listening with sardonic amusement.
"M'zint to, " she answered in her throaty voice, "I only can think that it was Noemi's magic and great love that reached out through the physical contact and took something from my Mistress that quickened her. What, I cannot guess. But, as was said, the Goddess confirmed it. And, She said that the child would be a girl, as might have been suspected, and was a long-awaited child of prophecy. It had been said that the child would be Galadria's, but Tres hinted that some malign influence had been preventing the child's being borne in her womb. Prophecies indeed have strange ways around efforts to keep them off."

[ 10-25-2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:51 AM   #23
Kaltia
Jack Burton

COOL! *hugs* Thanks Galadria, sweetie [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now I'm off to maim Aerie with a monkey wrench.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #24
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL kat, you're absulotly right tho, it IS good. lol, erm after this, I'm gonna go maim erm.. Sarevok with a longsword. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (installed BG1 again... missed wittle Immy, didnt miss her voice... is there no way to change that?), heh, please keep posting Lady G.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:06 AM   #25
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Thank you both very much. Kaltia, what is this about Aerie? Another installment.

"Malign influences?" Cythera looked horrified. "Whatever could those be? Gods of some kind? Sorcery? And what is this prophecy, anyhow? I've never heard of it."
Galadria answered somberly, "The only trace of it that I have found is in an old book that I was reading the very night that this thing happened." She got out the book and read the passage again:

For, make no mistake, when divine essence calls to its like, it will not be denied, be the walls ever so high and the guards fierce and vigilant. The product of this union shall prosper, never mind all the world and heaven arrayed against it. The lord's two daughters shall witness a marvel the like the land has never seen. Woe be unto its foes, be they never so strong or well-meaning at first, they shall inevitably turn to evil at the last, and end the end, for naught.

When she had finished, Cythera took the book and read the passage for herself, wrinkling her smooth forehead in concentration. She looked meaningfully at Galadria when she had finished. "Well," she offered cautiously, "at least that sounds encouraging. I certainly never heard of this before. Where did you get this book, anyway?"
Galadria shrugged. "In the attic of a deserted mansion that we were exploring. You remember, that time that we were looking for the Overlord of Gennara's kidnapped dancing girl. At the time, I was just attracted by the obvious age of it, and the sense of power that I felt. Don't you feel it, too?"
Cythera, who was also a mage, examined the volume again. "It's harder to tell in your study, with all this magic around, but yes, now that you mention it, it does have an aura. So, that was what I saw you packing away. I thought to ask you of it at the time, but we got so busy that I forgot. Do you think that your reading that passage triggered Em's nightmare? And her seeking you out, and...whatever happened after that? Well, anyway, there doesn't seem to be much that we can do except wait and be vigilant. I did notice that a huge amount of wards and protections were in place. And that new golem in the front hall. You have been busy." She looked with concern at her friend, who seemed thinner than usual, with circles under her eyes. Noemi, in contrast, was fairly glowing with health, her green eyes sparkling; she kept breaking into a smile for no apparent reason.
"You need to rest a little, Gal" she added, kindly. "Now that I'm here, I can take a little of the load off of you. It won't help the baby if you collapse. Now, Em, I want to show you what I've brought. This may be a miraculous baby, but it will be a baby nonetheless. I've brought a baby bed and some clothes..." They all went outside to examine the trove.

A few days later when things had settled down a little and Odo and Cythera firmly installed, Chorania was enjoying a little evening stroll in the garden when she became aware of a lute playing. She peeked into a summer-house whence it seemed to come, and saw Noemi sitting on a bench, watching the sunset and playing on a fine golden-wood instrument. She started to sing:

Oh, black is my true love's hair, so fine,
It ripples when the wind doth blow.
It seems to wave like the water of Lethe
Wherever that river might flow.

I took from that hair a jeweled pin
And placed it within my breast.
It prickles and sparkles like my love
And never will let me rest.

Chorania was rather surprised, as Noemi's singing voice, as she remembered it, had not been the best, but it seemed to have acquired a plaintive note, and a deeper shade that caused it to throb with emotion. Well, she knew that pregnancy worked on one's emotions, so maybe this was a by-product. She plopped down next to the singer, to her evident surprise, and, perhaps, a shade of annoyance.
"So, Noemi," she said jovially, "I didn't know that you sang and played the lute. Still waters, eh? As much as you talk, I would have expected to hear of this. But, why so sad a tune? You have all of your wish: a child with your beloved. You should be full of joyous music, like a dance."
Noemi's eyes sparked and her lower lip went out. "Oh, Cho, just leave me alone. I don't have everything that I desire, and you know it." A tear trembled at the rim of her left eyelid.
The drow woman put her arm around her friend and squeezed her fiercely. "And who of us does, m'zint to? What would you have? You could be dead, or a prisoner, or a slave. You could be ill of some disease. And what are you? You are young, strong and beautiful, pregnant with a child of destiny. You live in a fine house with your beloved sister, let alone my humble self, who by the way is very glad to live here with you. So, be happy."
The little redhead bowed her blazing poll. "I know, Cho, all that is true. But, sometimes, some places, like here and now, I just get to feeling a little sorry for myself. The music helps, so let me alone. I just want to be melancholy for a while. I promise, at dinner, I shall be better."
Chorania released her and looked at her squarely. "Noemi," she said carefully, "I know that you have had a terrible time, in your past, but this should be a great blessing to you. What do you really want out of your sister? She cannot live with you openly as your lover. In the first place, she doesn't want to. You should respect her wishes. What else? You want to sleep with her every night? I know that she cuddles with you whenever you are having a bad time of it, so that should make you happy. To judge what you and she have told me about the making of this baby, she finally did make love to you, though I do not think with passion, at least on her part. So, stop pressuring her and giving her sad looks. She has enough to think about without worrying about whether you are happy all of the time."
"Oh, Cho," the little redhead responded, "I am very happy about being pregnant, and living here. But you will have to admit that there is something sad in a love that will never be acknowleged. The music lets me express it, and, in a way, come to terms with it. How did you like the song? I wrote it, you know."
"I guessed it, m'zint to," Chorania responded with a fond smile, "And, yes I liked the song very much. Do not assume that your love will never be acknowleged. Life can do strange things, as who more than me should know, exile from my native land. If you were to have come up to me one year before I met you and your sister and said, 'Priestess, a few years from now, you shall be living on the Surface with a human family who treats you better than your family or your people ever did, so do not feel so bad,' I would have laughed, bitterly, for I hated my life in those days. Every day was a trial, a task to go through, a part to play that was not me. And now, I awake in the morning with a song in my heart, if not on my lips, like you. So many friends to greet, so many agreeable things to do. I am happy, and I want you to be. So, I shall leave you, and see you at dinner. Remember, you are to be sparkling and gay, to lift the heart of my Mistrss and friend, as is only right. Farewell!"
Noemi waved at her departing back. Despite herself, she was smiling again, and this time she did play a little happy tune. Cho! , she thought with a little chuckle. At dinner that night she had the whole table aroar with sillliness and witty sallies, and slept very well that night, with no dreams.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #26
Kaltia
Jack Burton

WOoo, keep on going!
Galadria, the Aerie thing: Since i resurrected the Anti-Anomen society some poeple have been making societies of their own; the "Pro-Aerie" society (I HATE her, I prefer NPCs with MORE character than a soggy pancake) and the "Pro-Mazzy" society.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 09:57 AM   #27
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, so, you dont like the pethetic, annoying, sad, erm... little elf known as Aeire? [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe. I think shes funny, but then my sense of humor can be serverly warped at times. [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway, thats besides the point *grin* could you post more please Lady G?
Old 10-26-2002, 01:38 PM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, <font color=lavender>Galadria</font> accidentally killed Aerie last time we played. She accidentally hit the dialog option "Die, monster," Aerie "went red" and she killed her before she could do anything about it. Actually, I rather like Aerie, though I never include her in my party.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #29
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heheheheh. funny, are you quite sure it was accidental? [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe. lol, still I wish they'd made her less whiny, or there was an option to let Jaheria take her in hand..or Viccy or someone... lol. I personally think she deserves a good slapping at times.. but thats just me. *grins*
Old 10-26-2002, 01:46 PM   #30
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

:grimace: Yes, that is true, I was guilty of Aerie-cide. One hit with Gram, the Sword of Grief, and I did like 56 HP of damage. Scratch one Aerie. Then, they wouldn't let me re-load. Seriously, I'm staying away from the BGII forum. You just say the same thing, over and over again. Some more:

Meanwhile, a meeting in the city of Halruua was taking place. High in a tower, a circle of robed mages was conferring. One had risen, and was addressing the group. His name was Bandicut, and he was a relatively young, though hideously ugly man Almost the whole of his face was covered with a port-wine stain birthmark, and to add to that , three warts adorned his left cheek.
"So, my lords, you see that my researches have shown that the next disturbance in the balance of forces has been located. It resides in Baldur's Gate, and is very powerful. Some signs seem to show that it is a living entiety, though the omens are strangely ambiguous about this. It is my recommendation that we should send an emissary to that city at once to locate it and if at all possible, acquire it for our use. The Red Wizards of Thay have been very active of late, and if they should procure this powerful thing before us, it could have dire consequences."
The chairman of the council, a sallow man named Roberti the Tamed compressed his mouth at the mention of the city of Baldur's Gate. "Perhaps, Bandicut," he rasped, "you are unaware of the difficulties that we have experienced in that city in the past. There dwells in that town one Galadria, a mage of immense power. Once before, we attemped to acquire magical artefacts from there, and we were thwarted by her. She bears the Red Scourge no love, either, though, and probably would not side with either of us."
"Indeed," a mousy little man who seemed to be lost in his robe added, "any envoy would do well to call on this Galadria, and ascertain her attitude in the matter. It seems to me that if a new nexus has indeed arisen, that she would know of it, and perhaps it is in her possession. If we are unaffected, we should not intervene. It seems to me that our last ambassador did not return from that mission, after opposing her."
"Bah," snarled Bandicut. "You elders are grown soft and too cautious. If we indeed have such an opponent, she should have been eliminated, long ago. Who is she to oppose the Mages of Halruaa? She should die, and if she indeed possesses the nexus, it may be taken from her, then. How can you so fear a mere woman?"
The last figure, who had not yet spoken and who went by the name of Corvus the Black, interjected in a suave voice, "Soft, Bandicut? Mere woman? If you were not so young and ignorant, you might have heard tales of this Galadria. It is said that she retains two invincible champions, that she has with her two sorceresses of power scarce inferior to hers. She also is said to live in an enchanted house which is more a living, sentient being than a mere dwelling, and that to set foot in the door meaning ill to her is to die. Her magic is strange, powerful, and difficult to counter, by all accounts. I, for one, shall not oppose her on her own ground, where she would be immensely strong. If she could be lured here... But, why should she? At any rate, since you think that it would be so easy, I recommend to this Council that you be sent. The travel should do you good, and the experience stand you in good stead. If you live." Here, he interjected a sinister chuckle.
It was difficult to tell, but beneath his hideous birthmark, Bandicut might have flushed. "So be it," he cried, "but if I succeed, you may listen better next time."
Without changing his tone in the slightest, Corvus the Black answered, "If there is a next time."
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society