Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2001, 12:26 AM   #1
homer
Manshoon

I do not care for the fact that I will only be able to directly control the main character. I like the fact that in the Baulder's Gate games the when the NPC's joined the party I had complete control over thier actions. While I have played Role-playing games where there is only the main character, I belive if thier is a party I should be able to control them. In my experience so far when the computer is given control of a player charater it makes poor choices.
This is just a small issue. I am sure I will purchace the game. I have played all the Black Isle series so far and have found them to be excellent games.
Old 11-17-2001, 12:31 AM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

yea i know , they join your party but the computer controls it what if a mage npc casts billions of spells at a monstor with 100% magic resistance?)
Old 11-18-2001, 05:57 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I agree, but what are ya gonna do? I remember saying similar things when they said that you would lose all your stuff and couldn't keep all your old party for SoA, and when they revealed that Sarevok could join your party in ToB. It's all about pushing the envelope and taking you out of your comfort zone, I think. Yeah, I'm a powergamer who wouldn't THINK of going solo, but when you've been through the game as many times as I have, something new and a new challenge is starting to look pretty good. I'll give it a try. Maybe I'LL get Boo this time!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 10:44 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
yea i know , they join your party but the computer controls it what if a mage npc casts billions of spells at a monstor with 100% magic resistance?)

Don't worry, im sure the A.I is smart enough to prevent that kind of thing from happening.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:20 PM   #5
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I wasn't aware until now that NPCs will behave independently, but I like that idea. Seems to me that the gameplay will feel more realistic (for a fantasy universe, of course) that way. I play a lot of BG online MP and there I find it really simulates reality much better when I only have to manage my own character--and without pausing, in 'real time'.