Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 11:10 PM   #11
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:

Thanks, Scholarcs! I sure hope there's something I can do for recreation in these two cities. I heard that Canberra is incredibly boring (sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, but that's what I heard ) .

For leasure in canberra... there is a Museum, a the national Galary, and the parliament house... it can be interesting if you know where your going, realy...

But also, in Canberra, in Mid February, it is not bound to be Hot and sunny... it might be, but more likely you will find it cold. It will probably not have temparatures higher than 45'C... if that.
Yes, I consider that VERY hot... but u mighnt...
Old 02-02-2002, 12:20 AM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

ha, in Auckland it could hail and freeze over in the morning, and then be hot enough to go swimming at the beach in the afternoon!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-02-2002, 12:33 AM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Lennon...You are not to go anywhere near the cities that Mistral will be in.

AzureWolf, look after her for me. If you see any shapechanging elf-things...kill first, ask questions later.

Any other Aussie that wants full pay and benefits will proceed to be my secret agents against LennonCook and protect Mistral at all cost, even to the laying down of your own lives, is necassary.

You will be well rewarded...
Old 02-02-2002, 12:43 AM   #14
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

AzureWolf, look after her for me. If you see any shapechanging elf-things...kill first, ask questions later.

Any other Aussie that wants full pay and benefits will proceed to be my secret agents against LennonCook and protect Mistral at all cost, even to the laying down of your own lives, is necassary.

Will do Mr Mod sir!
All shapechanging elves to be shot on sight!
Protect Mistral from bloodsucking, amish peasants going by the last name of cook! Aye aye sir.....oh wait you didnt say that part? My mistake....
Old 02-02-2002, 12:47 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

Will do Mr Mod sir!
All shapechanging elves to be shot on sight!
Protect Mistral from bloodsucking, amish peasants going by the last name of cook! Aye aye sir.....oh wait you didnt say that part? My mistake....

Oh! But creativity is good and encouraged among my legion.
Do have fun, and ...make a movie of it, or at least send me a dang picture of his skinned carcase!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:52 AM   #16
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:

Wasnt planning to anyway... cant go to NZ, and Canberra is infested with politicians.

And just because ur jelous...
Old 02-02-2002, 01:15 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Beautiful for going to the beach - about 25-35 Centigrade - 77-95 F around Feb. It's not normally humid in Sydney - it tends to be dry and hot, much drier than around the equator. Up north (Queensland) it's a lot muggier and more what you're used to - it's almost a tropical clime there in summer. Bring lots of sunscreen as the sun is very strong here and you will be exposed to a lot of UV (no pollution to filter it out). At night it can get quite chilly in February - bring a jacket.

That's Sydney weather for you! We *can* get four seasons in one day - cloudless blue skies in the morning, a storm front moving in by noon, heavy showers in the early afternoon, clearing to blue skies again by late afternoon ahead of a cool change in the evening where the mercury can drop by 10 deg C. Makes it a bit hard to plan what to wear - but 90% of the time you'll find it sunny, clear blue skies.

You should consider going to Sydney while you're here - it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive from Canberra (or a short plane hop) and will be well worth your time. Canberra's like Washington DC; Sydney's like New York City.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 02-02-2002, 05:39 AM   #18
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks everyone!

Ooh, I'm starting to get rather excited about my trip after all. But what I want to know is, would a trench coat look totally out of place at this time of the year, even during the occasional bursts of cool weather? I do not want to make a fool of myself... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks again for all your patience, everyone
Old 02-02-2002, 05:42 AM   #19
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:

Oh wow, that is very kind of you, Larry [img]smile.gif[/img] I just hope my colleagues won't be staring at me in bewilderment as random creatures collapse dead before our very eyes. Let me rehearse my explanation here... "Well... you see... erm... drinks, anyone??" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2002, 02:23 PM   #20
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Well I cant really say mistral...weather is really strange here, you can have all 4 seasons in one day, literally. Maybe someone else could say more than "flip a coin".
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas