Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

My wife got this from one of her animal rights groups:
Quote:
UPDATE: NY CRUELTY CHARGES UPGRADED TO FELONY:
Following a flood of phone calls from across the country, the Suffolk County, NY District Attorneys office has upgraded the charges against alleged animal abuser Timothy Guider from a misdemeanor to a Class E felony. Guider had been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty earlier this year after he allegedly set his familys parakeet on fire, paraded the birds dead body in front of peers at a New Years Eve party, and posted photos of the incident on the internet (see Issue 232).Thanks to everyone who contacted the DA and helped precipitate this positive development.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:41 AM   #2
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

This is just as horrible as the story last year about the guys who barbequed the newborn kitten while it was still alive. That one got me so upset I was ready to go where they were and start beating on them. Perhaps that was because at that time I was mourning the 4 kittens that my cat lost during childbirth (only 1 survived the birth).
Old 03-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

It absolutely disgusts me that anyone could be that cruel.

I have kept pet birds including budgies (commonly called parakeets in the US although parakeet just means any long-tailed parrot) my whole life and they are such intelligent sensitive little birds it breaks my heart to read that someone would do that.

I'm all upset now.

I'm glad this is being taken seriously by the courts.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

That's just downright wrong, I wonder hwo many poor gerbils and hamsters have been sacrificed to microwaves too...
Old 03-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I never understood how or for what reason people do this kind of sick stuff. Near here last year I think, I heard about an ambulance on a run found a guy covered in blood with the skin of a cat next to him [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] I have a bird myself, and even though they can be irritating, I'd never do something even remotely realted to that. Lot of sick people out there.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:50 PM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

That's just SICK.
Did you know most Serial Killers start off by abusing their pets?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I agree with the people here... its disgusting and sick what people can do to innocent animals... I have 3 cats and I love them, I wouldn't even think about setting my cat on fire... what a sick thing is that!

If I ever encounter anybody that does such a thing... I would go beserk, that I'm sure of... he will not go unpunished!

Couple of years ago I saw a documentry on I think it was a local station here in the Netherlands, about animal cruelty in some specific country's, the most horrifying image's where of China and Spain.
Especially the Chinees animal markets (or how do you call them) where they sell live kittens and dogs.... the image's of those helpless animals still hunt me (being butcherd and trown in pan a alive!).

Damn those humans sometime's!

[ 03-22-2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 03-22-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

Maybe after a few more people are charged, this kind of disgusting behaviour will stop.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #9
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Maybe after a few more people are charged, this kind of disgusting behaviour will stop.
We can only hope... [img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2003, 06:45 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

strange law you people have, over here we can do anything to the animals and nobody bothered with it.