Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-01-2001, 05:20 PM   #1
Sarak of ok'Onar

Id just like to express my feelings for this game in the beginning. IT SUX!!! Im so damn used to playing BGII at level 19-22 and now I play this and I get ass kickings all over the damn place! 4 yetis gang up and me and BOOM! my faggit lvl. 2 sorry-excuse-for-a Necromancer w/only 6 hp dies and my thief is dead and my cleric/mage. damn low lvl. ppl. also...how do u get romances in this game?¿ (if u even do)

------------------
"Naw...I dont think so. Just kidding...I'll do it."

[This message has been edited by Sarak of ok'Onar (edited 06-01-2001).]
Old 06-01-2001, 05:28 PM   #2
Sarak of ok'Onar

Im sorry for that outburst. How do u get into the game options so I can change the difficulty. I think my friend set it high. Thanx.

Where can I find some good stuff early in the game?¿ like armour and robes and rings and magical stuffs?¿ thanx again.:O

a great site for any witchs,wizards,sorceresses,sorcerors (like me) or warlocks... www.spellsandmagic.com

------------------
Old 06-01-2001, 06:14 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! You are sure not a happy teddy are you, lol! Low level is one of the

CHALLENGES

of this game, lol!
All it means is using strategey or tactics or whatever.
No, you don't get good stuff early on unless you get enough gold to BUY it in the shops.
You should be level 2 at least for most of your team before you leave the Easthaven map. There are 4 minor quests involving little danger that will boost your lvls before you do the caravan quest.
If you have been playing BGII at high levels you may have forgotten that you need to give your weaker team members ranged weapons skill to keep 'em both useful and out of trouble - at the back!

Oh, how are the mighty fallen!

ROFLMAO!

Oh, and sorry - no romance either! BUT - it IS a good game!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-01-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 06:49 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I love the low-level start! More strategy! Plus when you see those little +'s pop up.....so gratifying!!!!!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:03 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Word of advice: don't send a 1st level Rogue and the Spellcaster to do a fighter's job. And quit whining cuz you lost; we're all losers ok?

they're right, try strategy. First, try filling all the quests in Easthaven for the extra xp. Second, pick up everything! Even if that studded leather isn;t as shiny as the platemail you want, take it and use it until you can afford the real thing. IWD is pretty good about giving you items early in the game. When you get to kuldahur, you can buy what you need. (pick pockets can get extra stuff.... though, i don't think they can steal from the stores, but there is the opportunity to later.)
Romances? well, if you consider that Barrel Maker's wife romantic (i think she's just a HoW tart).

I've tried single character parties with just a bard, or just a mage. I's doable, but involves a lot of running away, turning, shooting, running.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 01:54 PM   #6
Sarak of ok'Onar

I know the whole strat bit...but Im so damn used to being the all feared Sarak of ok'Onar who stole from the rich...and killed all the poor in BGII. **sighs** That was when I was good. Now I get my ass beaten by SKELETONS for Christs sake! **shakes head** Pathetic. Anyways...what are the 4 sub-quests?¿ I got to Kuldahar and Im doin the Vale of Shadows now. Im in the last cave (the big one) and Im all the way in the back where the Spectral Undead thingy thats 10 ft. tall and immune to non-magical weapons keeps jackin me up. Mytos was easy...but this...this is just crazy. **deep sigh** Well...the game HAS gotten better since the start. Well, if I want some cheese...Ill whine sum more l8er. Love, Peace, Chicken Grease...
Superior Lord Sarak of ok'Onar
Feared Overlord of Amn

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 02:41 PM   #7
Gaelic
Elminster

Sarak, we can barely read that color text. Could you swich it up for this forum, por favor?

Thanks.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 03:09 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarak of ok'Onar:
I know the whole strat bit...but Im so damn used to being the all feared Sarak of ok'Onar who stole from the rich...and killed all the poor in BGII. **sighs** That was when I was good. Now I get my ass beaten by SKELETONS for Christs sake! **shakes head** Pathetic. Anyways...what are the 4 sub-quests?¿ I got to Kuldahar and Im doin the Vale of Shadows now. Im in the last cave (the big one) and Im all the way in the back where the Spectral Undead thingy thats 10 ft. tall and immune to non-magical weapons keeps jackin me up. Mytos was easy...but this...this is just crazy. **deep sigh** Well...the game HAS gotten better since the start. Well, if I want some cheese...Ill whine sum more l8er. Love, Peace, Chicken Grease...
Superior Lord Sarak of ok'Onar
Feared Overlord of Amn

Hey, Feared Overlord? The writing turned out black! I can only read it if I go into 'quote'! You said 'light blue' in font color, but I think you can only do 'blue' in words. I've modified it to read 'blue' in the quote. You need the correct code to do 'light blue'. Which I don't remember off-hand. Want me to check it out? Or you could try plum or yellow, or violet, or red...

The 4 easy quests were in Easthaven. Bit late now...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-02-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:52 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Another BG2 powergaming junkie.. *shakes head*

Hah just joking. I actually like playing at the lower levels. Its a hell of a challenge, but thats the fun! You have to really make full use of your team and your character's special skills and spells to make it through each encounter. I find it a lot more fun than BG2 actually.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #10
Evil_Twin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have u everplayed the original Baldur's Gate? if you have then the low levels and missile weapons relience is natural(i had a missile heavy character in BG2!)
the single character also make sit hard.

Icewind dale is a dream come true!! You get to make the whole party(no more wizard NPCs with only 15 intelligence!!)and can assign roles to produce a balanced party. The easy quest areas in the Prouloge ment taht mu party was level 2 for Chapter 1

As for good items SPOILER
Try giving your thief good pickpockets skills or take a Bard. The 2 priests in the temple have a wealth of good items for the grabbing!!
P.S i hope that i have done my Smilies right. I am still a Newbie on the internet(only got it a few months ago)
Evil_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote