Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK I like dogs, cats too, all animals for that matter. I'm totally mushy about most of em.

But man, it really burns me up when people walk their dogs and do not clean up after the dog poo, and leave in in MY yard! Grrrr!

Man it sucked today, I apparently stepped into some poo on my front lawn while walking to my car to go to work, didn't know it though. Until about halfway to work and I'm gaggin at the smell and freaking out trying to find the "source." Well found the source, right on my frikken shoe. Bastaids. I managed to clean it all off my shoe in the bathroom at work, but I must have tracked a bit of it in on the carpet at work, I still got whiffs of it at my desk all day, but could not pinpoint where it was, did not see any marks anywhere on the carpet. Again... Bastaids! When I got home I finally saw the offending pile, right next to our front walkway, exactly where I cut across to get to my car. I walk my neighbors dog (cause they never do) now and then and I would Never, Ever, let her poo on someone else's lawn and not clean it up, I'd be horrified to even think about doing so, what are these people like who don't give a crap (no pun intended LOL). And again, grr! Now tomorrow I gotta go buy new shoes, cause no way am I wearing those again after all that, it was caked all inside the treads, was f*&^^^ disgusting.

Bastaids.

Anyone else relate? If you are a dog owner, do you clean up after your dog when you walk it? If you don't, do you realize how you could be totally making someone miserable?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-15-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

That's really sh$tty!

As a repsonsible dog owner, I clean up after my dogs when we go for a walk, and it upsets me when other dog owners don't do the same.

I just wish cat owners would do the same.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

ROTFL Animal! It IS very sh$$ty LOL. Man my day just sucked all day because of it, grrr, bastaids. Glad you are not one of those irresponsible pet owners. I have a cat, but never let it outside, in a city neighborhood it is really unsafe anyway, it could get run over by cars, abused by punks, or scratched or bitten by another animal or another cat, which may have a fatal virus.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-15-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah, had a little kid that had a miniature horse for a dog in a neighborhood I once lived in, and he just let her crap in everybody's yard and get away with it of course, since his parents had money.

Thats the good thing about living in an apartment complex, there is a designated for animals to relieve themselves, so if you go over there, its at your own risk, every place else is clean.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
We always clean up after Bubbles when she's walking. Although I usually try to stop her from doing her business at all on a walk because it's so embarrassing standing there while she does it, let alone having to carry the bag home. We see people all the time waiting while their dogs go and then just walking on and leaving it there. It is actually an offence here, but not really enforced, much like all minor offences. The mentality is changing though, you see a lot more people with bags than you used to.

Part of the problem is really irresponsible people who don't keep their dogs in their yards and let them go roaming around the neighbourhood by themselves. They obviously can't pick up after them if the dog is out by themselves, without the other obvious problem of the dogs terrorising people and other dogs when they're walking in the streets.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

When I walk the pug (who I swear decides to do her business in the most embarrasing places) I walk her on the big empty blocks behind my house so that there is very little chance of anyone stepping in it. But now they have started building on it (damn it I dont want more neighbours) so I will have to find somewhere else.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

They let their dog crap on someone else's front lawn?
Old 10-16-2004, 08:18 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

We here don't walk our dogs, Dogs overhere just roam freely as their please. However if the nieghbour's dog come and shit at my compound I just lastic at their dogs. They also will do the same to mine. There was once the neighbour pour acid into my dog. The wound was very deep ( can see inside the bones ). I just take the dog to the vet and put it to sleep.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I clean up after my dog when I walk him. He usually does his business right at the end of the walk, which is very annoying. Also my mom bought 'scented poo bags' for our dog. She really babies him!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Couldn't it have been a stray? We have a bunch of them, here.