Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
Richard_Cypher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do I have to finish the different race quests to move on to the Peak? I've rescued Glumph, and the general wants me to whack some trang. Do I have to?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #2
allstargoaly
Dungeon Master

SPOILER ALERT
I could be wrong but I don't believe you have to. If you "wack" some Trang, the Trang will become enemies with you. There is a side quest called Umpani/Trang Allience. This mission brings the 2 races to a "stand still", "cease-fire", "treaty", "understanding", etc.

However, if you COMPLETE the last mission for either race (for example the Umpani final mission), the other will hate you; if that's what you want.

Edit: These missions are a good way to get some weapons/items. Again, I'm not totally sure (cause I always tried to help both) but I believe that it is not necessary to finish the last mission for either race (unless you want trouble). Basically if you end up HARMING one or the other it won't hinder your Peak chances AND if you don't do the last missions you can still go to the Peak.

[ 10-31-2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: allstargoaly ]
Old 10-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Much of what you do in this game is optional, and completing the T'rang/Umpani stuff is not necessary for reaching Ascension Peak.

I've always done the "kiss and make up" path myself, as you get more experience that way. You may want to try that next game.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, you can get to the Peak without ever talking one or the other of the T'rang or Umpani bosses. You only need to deal with one of them long enough to get into the Mook house. (which is only the 3rd quest for the T'rang...)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #5
sultan

in fact, you can even have them all as enemies and still complete the game.

s
p
o
i
l
y
s
p
a
c
e
one way i did to get more experience was completed the alliance quest and then turned on both of them. it turns out that you can still get the experience for one of the side's final quests even after completing the alliance.

and by turning on them, you get lots of bits from all the combat that ensues [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 12:29 PM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
it turns out that you can still get the experience for one of the side's final quests even after completing the alliance.
You can even do both final quests after the alliance.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

You can even do both final quests before the alliance, by not completing the first one before accepting the other one.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote